Easter Historics Mallala

Started by alfagtv152, May 05, 2009, 10:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv152

Some pics from Easter-Camp Alfa
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

alfagtv152

A couple more

alfagtv58

It's a damn shame that this event clashes with FoSC Bathurst......

I will get there one year, just not sure which one  ??? 
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Storm_X

is that a webber carbie set up you have there gtv ?
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

alfagtv152

Storm_X

is there any differance between the webers and the dellortos ?

also the spacers between the carbies and the engine what do they exactly do ? i have some myself but dont know what they do.

alfagtv152

There are some subtle differences but I believe they are principally the same,My experience with webers is more recent than Dellortos(used them always) but I think at the moment I like working with the webbers a little better.I am sure there would be plenty of forum members who have thier own preference and reasons for it,I would love to hear them!.
Cheers
Andrew

Storm_X

what do the spacers do between the carbie and the motor do exactly i have allways wanted to know.

MD

Basically there are two types of "spacers"

One is a thermal insulator to minimise heat transfer to the carburettor from the engine.
The second is a vibration dampner. For Alfa "Nord" type engines, the rubber "spacers" do both.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

alfagtv152

Hi there,
In my case I have a 6mm gasket made of Tuffnoll to provide the thermal barrier and made a short specer manifold of 40mm exhaust pipe 3.5 inches long,flared to 45mm at the carby end and 40mm at the head end with rubber mount flanges on the ends to mount to.I used a Redline Soft mount kit between the carbies and the manifold to take care of vibrations.

Storm_X

i have a set of spacers i put on over a week and but only about 30mm long could be more. after putting them on the car idles like a 351 shaker and smells really bad of petrol.
i got told they where better for top end i guess not.

hay andrew whats the reason going from efi supercharged to carbie N/A is that because of the alfa club rules ?

alfagtv152

Hi Chris
Sounds like you did something wrong when you fitted the spacers,are the rubber mounts still there?,did you reset the idle mixtures?,is it all sealed up?.
Yes I went back to NA when the rules ment I was in a catagory by myself.I went to Weber carbs this year because I had a falling out with the tuner (the only one with that software in SA) and I havent tried carbies on the track.The fastest Alfa cars in SA and some other States are running carbies so I figure I have nothing to lose.So far I am very pleased with the performance.
Cheers
Andrew

Storm_X

yes true i would need to tune the mix again plus i have the stock carbies running atm but i have a pair with bigger jets etc.
i left the rubber mounts on never tried taking them off. also all seems to be sealed up but the rubber mounts have little cracks on the out side but not through to the in side.

ever since i have been running the trumpets on the carbies it doesnt start up 1st turn like it used to with the standard airbox it takes a pump or two before it starts running. tho i love the sound of the carbies sucking the air through. lovely sound.

have you got your gtv on the dyno yet andrew? any stats ?