hey guys

Started by wldgtv, April 20, 2009, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wldgtv

hey guys, live in melbourne umm just about to get my p's i drive a 1982 alfa romeo gtv 2000, looking forward to coming down to the club meets and track days anyway let us know when something is on.

my car has done bout 106,000 on the clock doesnt come out much. my dad handed it down to me. Im just doing my engine up at the moment not many place do them up and i dont know where to go. Thinking of putting a 3.0 out of a 75 but dont know how much it will cost all up. thinking of bring down to track days bout dnt know about its suspension its in need of new shockers n springs for the back anything u guys reconmend?

thanks evan

Mat Francis

Another young'n! Good stuff. Been on my p's for a bit over 6 months now. '83 Alfetta sedan. Come along to the next club night- great way to meet all the other similarly minded people and rack their brains for how to get around the track faster.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Evan Bottcher

Nope.  Can't have another Evan on here.  We shall have to call you 'Bob'.

Welcome!  Are you a club member (your profile says you are in the Victorian club so I assume so) - if so there are plenty of advertisers in the magazine.  There's also the sponsor list here:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/content/view/20/33/

There's an article in the download section which is an intro to club sprints, might be worth a read:
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,40/func,fileinfo/id,91/

My opinion: don't worry about dropping a v6 in it just now, get some new shocks and get your brakes in good order - then get out there on a club track day.  I always say it - much more grin learning how to go around a corner flat out than in a straight line.  Of course I have to say that because my car has no power :-)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

wldgtv

haha no im not a member yet but will be, could you advice me as to which shock and brake package works the best.

Sheldon McIntosh

Power is nothing without control.  (Isn't that what they say).  Evan's right Bob, don't worry about a V6 for now, just concentrate on getting the car to handle well, and learning how to drive it well.

Keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events, and check out the advertisers, find one close to where you live, they'll have all the info you need.

As far as shocks go, Koni's are pretty highly regarded.  Reds are good for road work, yellows for track.  You'll pay from $400 up for a decent second-hand set.  Unless you're serious about track work the stock brakes are pretty good, just make sure they're in good order with new fluid and decent pads.  For a little bit extra Volvo calipers are a common fitment on the front.

Your car looks pretty nice, I wouldn't be rushing to change anything on it yet.  I know it's tempting (especially for young fullas) but with a nice car like that it would be a shame to mess around with it too much.  Drive it for a while, meet some members, get some advice first.  Come on down to Sandown end of May.  Even if you're not ready to get on the track, come and have a look at what other people have done.

See ya soon
Sheldon

wldgtv

ye no worries how do i become a member and get my cams license as quickly as possible. Do u still need a cams license if your on your L plates. how many people are going for the drive up to trawool.??

Brad M

Welcome Bob,

Cams license is easy to get ... you can get the application from the cams website and being on L's is not an issue. From memory the application requires you to be a member of a cams-affiliated car club.

See you around, Brad
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067