HI Dan from sa

Started by DAM-RE, April 19, 2009, 01:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAM-RE

New to the forum thought I should introduce myself..im a man on a mission too find a 105..being 32 years of age,its only recently I can set out on the long road of this particular models restoration to my specs.
my father was a keen  fanatic of the 105 (he had a gt1600) back when he was younger aswell as many other alfa models,yet recalls this being the most fun to drive..

So really this search is for the both of us too find something we will get into..any help/pointers from the long time members of the forum would be great and most appreciated ..steps in any restoration along the way will be posted up for you all too see..if and when something to my liking pops up..

end rant..Daniel
WLF!

Tim Jobson

Hi Daniel, as a recent owner I wish you good hunting in your 105 quest.     You have picked a good time in the economy as I am sure this environment will provide more 105s for sale than a year ago.

I was lucking in finding mine only a couple of surburbs away after looking in Sydney and Vic and also lucky that it had very little rust compared to many out there.    Definitely closely check the bottom of the A pillar sill area, its is the most common area for rust.    I am in the process of welding new outer sills to mine.

Cheers
Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport