New member introduction

Started by L4OMEO, March 27, 2009, 09:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L4OMEO

Hi everyone

Just a quick introduction from a new member, prompted by the recent purchase of my first Alfa in 3 years. As you'll see below that's like a junkie going cold-turkey. My new arrival is a 2002 156 2.5 V6 6-speed manual, with tan leather, 16" tele-dials, red instruments & 'carbon-fibre' console (is that part of a Sportivo or Monza option in Australia?), 85km, standard and likely to stay that way until things break and get replaced by upgraded bits. Will post some impressions at some stage in comparison to the TS manual and TS Selespeed 156s I've previously owned, for now I'm too busy out enjoying that glorious V6 (and – for now - ignoring the resulting woeful economy). At least, when I can prise the keys out of my wife's hands.

I'm Brisbane-based after living in New Zealand for many years, where I was actively involved in the Owner's Club for over a decade as a member, Representative, and racing fraternity, and was editor of their national monthly magazine for about 5 years.

Hope that establishes some Alfisti credentials!

Looking forward to chatting with & meeting some other members around QLD and the rest of the country.

Keep the faith!

Rory
2002 156 GTA

Brad M

Well Rory that is a significant list ... welcome.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

L4OMEO

Hi Brad - yeah, and it represents a significant black hole in my wallet. And a significant amount of fun.

Love your shot of the Sprint assuming the 3-wheel stance - reminds me of one of my old Suds, the inside-rear of which used to spend so little time on the ground at my local track that I was tempted to take it off to save weight. I have a few pics I'll have to post sometime.

Rory
2002 156 GTA

spieret

Hi Rory,

Welcome to the club, QLD club night is next wednesday night. We will be having a BBQ night. Could be a bit light on with people heading down to alfesta next week. Hope to see you there.

Tony
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

L4OMEO

Hi Tony

Yeah, hope to make it next week. Do you have any details for me - when, where, what to bring etc, or will this be somewhere on the AROC-QLD website?

Cheers!
Rory
2002 156 GTA

spieret

Hi Rory,

Here is the link on the website http://www.aroca-qld.com/club_night.php.

Gathering starts at 7.30pm. See you there.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

John Hanslow

Welcome.   Yes an impressive list of cars.

Your 156 V6 manual is not a common car and I was told that these cars only brought to Aus in 2001/2002 as a limited edition. A few club members have these and speek quite highly of them. 

Enjoy.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

L4OMEO

Hi Tony

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

John - thanks for the welcome, and the info on my car. Yeah, I'm loving the V6/6-speed combination. A long time ago back in New Zealand I attended the press launch for the 156 Sportwagon and got to drive all the variants of the range back-to-back and was surprised at how much of the V6's eagerness seemed to be missing when mated to the auto-box in comparison to the manual. They also had 166 autos and manuals there that day for comparison and it was the same with them. Have to say, the 166 6-speed (which had a sports suspension option) was my pick of the day.

Anyway, my wife has already declared that we will never sell our 156, so I guess I'll get to enjoy it for a long time!

Cheers guys
Rory
2002 156 GTA

1750GT

Welcome Rory, theres certainly some cred there. Welcome and we look forward to sharing some stories with you. By the way i wouldn't mention that you were previously editor of the club magazine too often as our Ed Sheldon is seriously raising the issue of someone replacing him and has been doing so for some time.

1750GT

L4OMEO

Thanks for the welcome. Actually I wouldn't dismiss another chance to do an AROC club mag at some point, but I'm based in Brisbane so putting my hand up for the Victoria mag might be a bit of a stretch (unless the job comes with an 8C company car in which case I could happily commute).
2002 156 GTA