AROCA 6 hr regularity relay 4-5 Nov 06

Started by Neil Choi, May 15, 2006, 10:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Hi there all,

I thought I would start this post to canvas and seek comments and ideas on our 6 hr event in Nov.

We are considering and favour the running the short circuit due to the atmosphere it produces for the spectator and teams to be all in the area in front of canteen.

1:     The only problem we see is the location of pit board crew along that fence area, will drivers be able to pick out pit boards as they come out of the esses.  Your thoughts?

2:     The allowance of pit crew to car radio communication, FOR: = safety and pit board reasons.  Against: = cost and cheating and unsportsmanship.  Your thoughts?

I am hoping to publish Supp Regs and EF for the 6 hr shortly, so keep a watch on website.

Neil

Fast Eddie

Safety is paramount but so is maintaining the spirit of the event which is a regularity, not a race so if we can allow "in car" comms, then hopefully the club "Cuore Sportivo" will prevent "misuse" and abuse of this resource.

"in-car" comms will mean no need for pitboards thus we address that logistic and safety issue created by giong short track
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

GTV-TS

Hi Neil,

As much as I appreciate your point on the atmoshere using the short circuit, surely there are more negatives then positives with using the short circuit for this type of event.    I think the long circuit provides some important benefits, including:

- more track to spread out cars
- availability of garages - especially if we get unlucky with the weather - can happen even at Winton
- pit boards are an important part of this type of event - teamwork, skills, etc - I think its questionable how much safety in-car radio comms contributes to this type of event
- if you consider pit crew / boards - long track provides much safer situation for everyone

Also hate to sound cynical, but doesn't matter how much club spirit is around, provide the opportunity (radios) and someone will abuse it.

Happy to discuss further
Regards
AlexC

Neil Choi

Dear AROCA and other car club enthusiast,

Alfa Romeo Owners' Club of Australia (Victoria Division) is proud to host the AROCA 6 Hour Regularity Relay Event on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th November at Winton Raceway.  It is an event aimed at club level motor sport and is open to all CAMS or AASA affiliated car clubs.  AROCA is attempting to attract grass-roots motor sport participants and hence holders of AASA competition licences and CAMS L2S licences and above are eligible to enter. 

Supplementary Regulations and entry forms will be posted onto website shortly.

Please download the supplementary regulations and entry form for your perusal.

if you can't wait, please email me directly.

All inqueries should be directed to Neil Choi

Important dates to remember are:

Entries are open now.

Information night on Thursday 31st August at Bell's Hotel, Coventry and Moray St, South Melbourne.

Close of entries on 6th October.

Regards,

Neil Choi

AROCA Competition Secretary

Neil Choi

For those who can't wait or I haven't contacted:

Well, after a bit of a false start earlier and lots of hard work and organizing by all the 6 hr committee members, the supplementary regulations and entry form for the AROCA 6 hr Regularity Relay is now available.  Please refer to the download section.

AROCA is proud to host the event which is especially aimed at the grass roots of motor sport and at the club level.  All AROCA members are welcome to enter as are all car clubs.  Team numbers are limited, so get in quick as over the past 12 months of planning, we have had tremendous interest due to the nature and format of our event.

For just under the cost of two normal sprint days, you will get two full days of Team Regularity Relay competition.  You will experience endurance motor sport and competition, team camaraderie, lots of Alfa fun and most of all, experience the Alfa "Cuore Sportivo".

There will be an information night to be held on Thursday 31st August at 7:30 pm at Bell's Hotel, corner of Coventry and Moray Streets, South Melbourne.  All team managers are required to attend, team members are encourage to attend.

Contact me on email for SR&EF

Regards,
Neil Choi
Competition Secretary

Neil Choi

The AROCA 6 hour information night will now be on at

Thursday 31st August at 7:30 pm at Bell's Hotel, corner of Coventry and Moray Streets, South Melbourne. 

All team managers are required to attend, team members are encourage to attend.

Contact Neil Choi for more details

Neil Choi

Calling all social and competition members,

Your entry to the AROCA 6 hr event is needed now, don't delay any further, organize your team now and send in your entry, the very least contact me with your intention of entry, I can reserve a spot for you in the highly likely chance of a full field.  I hate to see you miss out.

For all those motorsport enthusiasts, if you can lend a hand in helping to run the event either before and during the w/e, your volunteer is much appreciated.  During the w/e, your duties will only last an hour and the rest of the time is spent spectating the field of Alfa's on the track.  So if you would like to be involved, contact me now.

For all the social members, come up to the event and enjoy the drive up with Deb and Rob, watch all the action and enjoy the social gathering.

So all you members out there, get involved.

Neil Choi
AROCA Comp Sec
0433 11 66 47 or via email

Neil Choi

Hi All

Please find attached an example of how the 6 hr scoring system will work, please use this spreadsheet in conjunction with the supplementary regulations.

My best advice if you are trying to analyse the system is that it rewards good regularity driving, don't fall off, and gives everyone an even opportunity to win based on good driving.  You don't need to be the fastest  It is you and your driving abilities.
I hope this helps.

Lowest factor wins.

Factor 1 approaches 1 as the more laps you complete, as closes to the nominated time within 1 sec.

Keep factor 2 low by limiting the spread of your fastest and slowest laps to a minimum.

My encouragement to you to participate. 

Neil