East Coast Challenge '09

Started by alfagtv58, March 25, 2009, 04:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Aaah, semantics....you still lost the cup!  ;D

I'll put up some more pics in the coming days when I have a chance to download some.

Cheers.

k76

Not a pretty sight with those damaged alfas. I thought this race was a bit of fun, not a state of origin type brawl?
'77 Alfetta GTV 2000
'82 Alfetta Sportiva
'04 147 TS

MD

Hang the expense. We are getting ready for the next one. I am going out and buying a new top hose.  ;D

Moving through the field event by event after qualifying in 6th position was  fantastic. A combination of Jacko getting dialled into the Brick after months of being out of the seat and the new engine getting more and more loose as the week end progressed. From memory in the second last race we were in second place behind Andrew around Karussel when the top hose decided to leave the party. No chance of catching Andrew but possibility of a Qld 1-2 finish would have been memorable.

Like they say..next time..

The carnage reminded me of the DTM days between Alfa and BMW. I never like to bag the umpire but from where I was watching, the worst of the carnage could have been avoided by better marshalling at the time in my opinion. As for the rest, I think most drivers will agree that Lakeside is both a very fast and unforgiving track.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

alfasteve

I'm with you Brent, history is written by the victors!!!

MD

While we are waiting for the results to become available, here's a pic of the Brick with Jacko at the helm battling it out with the opposition..

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Darryl

A few more pics...

MD: I had to wonder - are you going to extend that cowcatcher all the way around to protect from door damage :-)

Nah - no bonnet lift at all - certainly doesn't slow Andrew down!

And the biggest wing ever seen on a Giulietta?

MD

Nice pics Darryl.

Yeah, could have done without the external decorations on the day like everybody else who scored some. Funny thing is it was going faster after the event possibly related to carrying less paint or something.. :)
Some cal it a snow plough, plough or simply WTF IS THAT ??.
Technically, it is a 105 nudge bar.. :) :) Seems to work 'cause we passed them all eventually on the day.

(Sheit, I hope you 105 boys got a sense of humour out there)

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

hammer

A few more East Coast Challenge pics. Sorry I took so long to load them. Thanks very much to Damian Petrie for the pics.

hammer

Sorry that last file was huge, I will have to reduce the others further in size before I load them. Cheers, Brent

hammer

Here is a link to some East Coast Challenge shots on AROCA Qld website.

Cheers,

Brent

http://www.aroca-qld.com/gallery.php?level=picture&id=107