79' Alfetta Sedan Passenger Window Winder

Started by 155 lover, March 24, 2009, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

155 lover

Could anybody inform me if i have the right part for the following job?

- my 79' Alfetta 2000 sedan (square headlights) recently experienced a problem with the passenger window not winding up all the way - it clicks and groans as you wind it up, falls down quite easily but jams with about 2 cm from the top. I have taken the panels off and inspected and my friend and i seem to think the teeth on the cog have worn...

- I have since gone to an Alfa person and bought a spare window winder cog (the whole cog with the actually wire and everything on it) but the only new cog i could find was from an earlier model Alfetta (78) and it is for the left REAR passenger door.

Will this fit before i attempt to drill out the rivets holding the current cog in? Does anybody know of another manufacturer part that will fit? I have heard a fiat one may be similar...
79' Alfetta 2000
74' Spider
03' 147 GTA

Alphatype

Hi...
I have a 1981 alfetta sedan and I have four window winders. if interest call 0403557756
kind regards
gene

colcol

If you can get a good secondhand winder assembly, then go with that, just give it a good cleanup before you put it in, lubricate the gears with some dry lube, which won't attrack dirt and for the lifting wire, use some silicone spray for that, NOT WD-40, as it will get covered in dust, due to its stickyness, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]