Alfa Romeo 155

Started by 155 lover, March 23, 2009, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve S

Has anyone bought this or is there something wrong with it?

shiny_car

i haven't heard any feedback of anyone checking it out. it 'reads' well on paper: nice and original.

i doubt it's a lemon. just an unpopular car that no-one really thinks of buying. and if you want it, chances are you have to travel interstate. it will probably take a real 155 enthusiast to purchase.

you coming over to Oz - need a 155? :D

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Steve S

They always sound good on paper  ::)

If the seller lived next door I would probably buy it. But i'm not going to make the trip just for a look. Pity, a 155 would be great, something I know. I left a Fiat Tipo 16V and a turbo 8V behind in NZ when I moved here  :(

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: SteveNZ on May 06, 2009, 10:40:22 PM
I left a Fiat Tipo 16V and a turbo 8V behind in NZ when I moved here  :(

Ohh, nice. 

I'd been here about 18 months before I went back to NZ for the first time.  My rental car was one of those Commodore V8 wagon AWD things (forget the name now).  Anyway, I was having fun over the Rimutakas when a Fiat Coupe came up behind me.  For a couple of seconds I thought "there's something not quite right here", until I realised, of course, I hadn't seen a Fiat Coupe since I'd left NZ.  Needless to say we had a great time down the other side of the Rimutakas till I ran out of brakes. 

Of course, now I can see a Fiat Coupe most months (unless Damon brings his 500 to the meetings).

Sheldon McIntosh

Steve S

This would be the same Damon trying to sell his Coupe on carsales?

Been looking at that with some interest. It seems so expensive though. 

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: SteveNZ on May 07, 2009, 12:10:08 AM
It seems so expensive though. 

You're not in Guatemala now Dr Ropata. 

You can't even get Chocolate Fish over here!!

dreamboat

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on May 07, 2009, 03:50:00 PM

You can If you know where to look - I can get cartons of Buzz Bars and Choc fish here in Brisbane.

dreamboat

Sheldon McIntosh

Yeah I know, I've found a supplier of Rashuns and packets of onion soup.  Hard to get when you need them right now though!

dfrye

I've seen it. Appears to be a reasonable car - am surprised it is still for sale too. It definitely needs paint though. Would be a good buy for someone that could paint it cheaply.

Steve S

Quote from: Sheldon Mcintosh on May 07, 2009, 03:50:00 PM
Quote from: SteveNZ on May 07, 2009, 12:10:08 AM
It seems so expensive though. 

lol yeah your not wrong there. 5K for an old 155 seems steep enough too. But its not so bad if you think of the resale price. I got to get that into my head or i'll never buy a car! 

jimnielsen

Steve.. Just buy it! so we can have 155 races at Sandown!!
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

Steve S

Now that would be fun! - I wish I still had my 16VT engine for a conversion  >:(

shiny_car

Quote from: dfrye on May 08, 2009, 04:11:48 PM
I've seen it. Appears to be a reasonable car - am surprised it is still for sale too. It definitely needs paint though.

how bad is the paint? faded/cut right through to undercoat? bubbles or damaged clearcoat? just curious - a machine polish with some aggressive compounds/pads can clean up pretty bad paint, unless there's those issue.

most of mine cleaned up nicely. only the bonnet 'needed' the respray cos it was through to undercoat/primer. did the bumpers and boot cos of scrapes, and removed the boot spoiler.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

VeeSix

Ok, so where are all of Australias 155s now? Did any V6 ones that can be registered get imported into Australia or were all Brian Foleys imports the 4 cylinder? Maybe could do a V6 swap into one of the 4s!  ;)

Anyone know the cost of importing from New Zealand?  ??? 
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 V6 2.5 12V 
1986 Alfa Romeo 90 V6 2.5 12V
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 3.0 12V Potenziata
1990 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V Zender
1991 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV
1992 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV