GTV6 Not Starting

Started by shane wescott, September 12, 2008, 08:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Campbell

Mathew,

The 3" wobbly, is that like an extension with a uni at one end, or (let's see if I can describe this) a single solid piece of metal (no joint), but the plug part that goes in the back of the socket is curved, so that that it can be angled to the side of the socket, in effect the wobbly and the socket together make a uni joint?

Like the the attchment?

Regards,

AL.

shane wescott

Just an update.

5 X NGK's as recommended by Mick in now for a couple of weeks, no issues in the city as yet. I will get that last GL out when I get a chance (did the 5 at night prior to Phillip Island Historic)

The GTV6 will do some more city runs up until April and then it will be up to Orange for Alfesta.

Thanks for the tip.

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

MD

Absolutely nothing wrong with NGK plugs and a lot more cost effective and readily available.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

alfagtv152

Hey Mikey,
Good to see you on the forum.In the old days using Golden Lodge for every day driving,I think they were pink then!,they didnt last to good and developed missfire under high load so I ended up using Bosch W7DC which I used for years and had absolutely no problems even with 15 Pounds Boost,I only use to change them because I thought I should.Mal Ebel was a bosch rep and gave me some WR 78 Super 4 Plugs and I actually saw them make an extra 4 hp on back to back Dyno Pulls,not a lot I know but any extra is good isnt it!. Since I have been running it N/A I have actually tried some NGK Racing plugs B8EGP with Flush Electrodes,which is handy in Nord Engines because the Electrodes cant get clobbered by the valves,I found the super 4's fouled a little and ordinary protruding electrode plugs should really be indexed away from the inlet valve.I recently got some new Golden Lodge plugs(not pink anymore!)and I have found them to provide the best Idle and no trouble yet!.I tried the BP7es in my 90 and had trouble with hot starts!.I think different engines and circumstances give all sorts of results so in the end its what works best for the setup you have but the NGKbp7ES and the bosch WR 7 DC are good basic starting point,I probably favour the Bosch as I have never had a foul up or missfire from them.
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

dehne

i run bp5es as they are a hotter rated plug and at 4 bucks a pop you cant go wrong and thats that. plus i can buy 8 sets of ngk for 1 set of lodges
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Choderboy......hahahaha....you really are a gumby. ;)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti