105 for next years targa

Started by Colin Byrne, August 17, 2006, 10:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Methinks my new acquisition - red 77GTV will now remain set up to comply with tarmac rally and Group S rules so i can get the most out of it.
The new plan includes Historic P.I & Sandown regularity with club sprints added in and 1 or 2 "local" tarmac rallies  like those held by the HRA.  all subject to the hip pocket nerve of course ;D
The car is already set up for tarmac rallies and is logbooked accordingly.  And at this stage i dont need to spend a cent on it other than a check up and perhaps a donk freshen up.

Somehwere in my new hectic life i need to accomodate my wife and my beloved Richmond Tigers ;)

Gee, i'm excited...think i'll start a new thread on my new car. ::)
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Richmond hey....I think you'd best stick with the car.  Hope you are happy with our cast off in Kingsley.  What a power forward line, Kingsley and Richo - Richmond scores will now look like this - 2 Goals, 34 behinds and 22 out on the full.....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Byrne

Perhaps the title for the new thread should be "116 for next years targa" ?.  Sounds like a good idea, what are these "local" tarmac rallies you talk about?  Also I noticed the new one doesn't have any roof lining, what else do you need to do to it for Group S?

QuoteAnd at this stage i dont need to spend a sent on it other than a check up and perhaps a donk freshen up.

Come on it's a race car!

72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Fast Eddie

Something along those lines Colin. :P

The HRA runs a nav rally competition and an touring competition that are single day or overnight and cost VERY little, often include a meal and can be done on a 2S licence.

Might be an easy introduction and shake down of both crew and vehicle.

Then maybe Dutton series and grand prix rally in 08.

Dunno what's on the "to do" list until i pick the car up and take it to Bruno's friday arvo but the spend on it in 07 will be the bare minimum on the bare essentials unfortunately.  Need to check out tarmac rally rules re - wheel size and minimum level of civilian registration.

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Colin Byrne

Hey all
Finally got back from Sweden on Saturday night, been driving cars around on a big frozen lake for 5 weeks for work!.  I left the car (and apparently my back account details) with my navigator how has been working on since I left, he's a bit of a suspension guru and has decided to make all the spring platforms adjustable.  The rears are only tacked in at present but he's done a nice job.  Just got to finish off brake pushrod to the new adjustable pedal box tonight and that's really the last big job, so should be driving on the weekend (luckily it's a long one).  We've also put the car on scales and with the nearly all the gear in it, it comes to 940 kg!, pretty happy about that.
cheers

alfagtv58

Looks awsome Colin!  I can't wait to see it in the flesh ;D
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Can't wait to see this in the flesh.  Might even book a trip to Taassie  for next years Targa just to see it in action (and take notes) ;)

You could always take it for a drive to P.I. on the weekend, park in the Alfa display section along the main straight and watch 522 cars compete at this years historic meeting  :o

Keep up the updates
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Colin Byrne

Couple of photo's of the new duel master system pedal box, bled all the new hydraulic lines all bled up nicely.  Engine is running nicely and starting really well.  Have driven it around the workshop and are planning to set up toe, camber, ride height ect on Wednesday night so should be able to stretch it's legs on the weekend, we're planning on doing a winton open practice on the 30th so if anyone else is keen for a run let me know, or if anyone knows of any other events between now and Easter let us known.
cheers

alfagtv58

Calder is running an open practice day on the 28th March.  This might be a good reasonably local shakedown before heading to Winton on the 30th :-\
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfagtv58

Targa is just 'round the corner.  Are you all ready to go Colin?

If you can find internet access along the way keep us updated with a small post from time to time.

Best of luck mate.  Wish I was over there with you!
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

My Dad will be over there so i will get him to watch out for you and report back.  Waht will your number be?

Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Byrne

Hi Guys
Yes we've made it here, both cars have been through scrutineering and have completed the prologue with minimum of hassles!

There was a bit of a rush to get my car done, log booked, tested at Winton and through pre-event scrutiny but it all fell into place, even with having to replace the rear main seal twice!!.  The car has been pretty good so far. We had a small issue when the two halves of one of the rear callipers decided they didn't want to be friends anymore and separated enough to leak fluid everywhere.  Of course this happened on the way to our 8:36am scrutineering time slot, but a quick bit of road side surgery and we where ready to go.

We ran the prologue today with both cars finishing well car 523 (my dads) ran a 4:03:00 and car 521 (mine) ran a 3:58:00 so the battle has begun.  The prologue determines starting order and does not have any impact on your overall position so it will be an interesting day tomorrow with the first set of true targa stages.  There is another 2000 GTV, a spider, a Gulia supper, a Montreal and quite a few 116's running which is great, and looks like we are both at the pointy end of the alfa's, but I havn't had a good look at all the results yet.

I'll try and get a few more photos up and give updates when I get a chance

alfagtv58

They look fantastic Colin, and both cars are obviously going pretty damn good too ;D  Father and son doing Targa in like cars, this will make for a great article in the club mag!!

I just counted 'em.  11 Alfa's in the field this year!

Keep the updates coming.....
2009 159 JTS Ti