105 for next years targa

Started by Colin Byrne, August 17, 2006, 10:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

Thanks for that clarification of the Targa rules - I don't think this was the case a few years back as we had a number of local competitors telling us of having to drill the mounting points and put in some bolts after scrutineering to comply with FIA specs!!

As far as extending the intrusion bar - we plate up the fire wall and the lower part of where the A pillar meets the firewall and simply run the intrusion bar through to this point - we havedone this on a number of Historic and Modern cars including the Brock FX Holden that went to Goodwood mid year.  Helps stopping a whhel coming too far back into the cabin.

And as for Grp S - yes Paul com'on get into it - Phillip Island Classic in March 07?? Yes!
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

a sharp

Scott is right up till the adoption of the standard Tramac rally rule which are in the phase in stage now every year there was at least 10 crews running around at scrutting trying to find drills and high grade bolts to make there weldin cage FIA boltin this happen so often that some regulars used to take the gear and bolts down to help then out every year.

Colin Byrne

That's interesting, because that rule exert I posted comes from the targa regulations so perhaps they added that in to line up with the tarmac rally regulations when they released them?  Couple of photo's from the weekends work, can't wait to get that car back from the PB and start bolting some of this stuff in
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Scott Farquharson

I am pretty sure that the roll cage change started this year with the adoption of the std tarmac rules.  We weren't even sure it was ok for this year.

Engine looks good.

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Byrne

Hi all,
Got the car back from the pb before chrissy and have spent a bit of time on it.  First I had to take all the suspension that was on it so it could be rolled around off and clean it all up.  then had to paint the floor with a thin coating of sound deadener, to seal it from moisture more than anything.  Got the side glass in and the passenger door is now complete,  I have however run into a bit of a problem with the drivers door, I had got a new one cos the old ones where in such bad nick and didn't check it closely, turns out it's from a step nose coupe and doesn't use the cable set up for the window winders, so I need to find one of the arm type mechanisims, any one got one lying around?.  The steering box, idler arm, pedals fuel tank headlights and tail lights all went in pretty easy.  The dashboard had a bit of a fight with the roll cage but that's all sorted now. Anyway got the rear end in today and putting the engine in tomorrow and possably the front suspension so it's all coming along well.
Cheers

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Colin Byrne

Had a big couple of days and got a fair bit done, engine and driveline is in, front suspension is back on minus the spring pans as they had so much rust in them I'm surprised they could hold the standard springs in!.  Mounted the battery, mounted the oil cooler,made the centre console for switches and gauges and have nearly finished running all the new fixed brake and clutch lines.  I'll Start the new loom soon and should get the front discs and wheels soon.  Hope to have it driving by the end of Jan, unfortunately have to go back to work on Monday (so I can pay for all this) which will slow me down a bit.

Colin Byrne

Finsihed the new loom, got the engine started on monday and put it on it's new wheels last night,  so it's all comming togeather.  I;ve got to go to sweden for work so the car is haveing a five week break but targa is comming up quick!

Fast Eddie

Absolutely awesome Colin :o  when might we see it in the flesh?  On the EMR perhaps?

Ed
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

branko.gt

o can tell you it looks better in flesh!
it is gorgeous !

brilliant effort Col !

Scott Farquharson

Gee, looks good - you know the Alfa Club is about to have quite a few new (and spectacular) race cars join its ranks.  Just think how many new cars are underway at the moment.  And most are being built to the highest standard.  It really is a bit of a renaissance, particularly in the 2 litre arena.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Jekyll and Hyde

Sigh - wish the Targa Tassie coverage on tv wasn't so pitiful.  Will have to arrange a trip down one year to watch - maybe I can get a ride as pit crew for my bosses E-Type :P

Colin Byrne

Thanks guys, I won't be around for the EMR but the car will defiantly become a permanent fixture at our club track days. Unfortunately we don't have anything in march so I'm going to have to find some other way of getting it to a track, does Winton still do open practice on Fridays?

Fast Eddie

Yeah Winton does and i am trying to verify if Sandown does too.

There is an MSCA Sandown event the same day as our AROCA Winton sprint in march, the week before Historic P.I.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.