'74 GT J seats

Started by Ads, March 16, 2009, 01:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ads

Hi all,

The driver's seat in the Junior is well passed it.  It's the standard, Black vinyl job, but the vinyl is torn under where your legs go.  Basically wouldn't pass a roadworthy at the moment.  Is it better to look for a replacement seat that no-one wants or have the thing re-covered and padded (which I have heard is excessively expensive)?

Interested to hear a ballpark range on what a standard replacement would be worth...
Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)

Gary Pearce

I'd be going for the repair and re-cover Adam. If you have got an original it's best to keep it that way. I think it would be tough to find a better one anyway.
Depending on where you are I could steer you towards any number of motor trimmers. Price would depend on what standard you were looking for. Basic repair and re-trim could be as low as a couple of hundred dollars, or less if you take the seat out.
Concourse.....the sky is the limit.
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

Ads

Thanks Gary, I think this is the best way to go, was wondering what has happened to all the ones that were turfed in favour of race seats!  I have had a couple of trimmers recommended that are close by so I will look down those paths.

Adam
Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)