GTV6 - Exhaust Replacement Performance or Stock?

Started by Gig1991, March 01, 2023, 01:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gig1991

Hi All,

I have a 1983 GTV6 2.5 litre.

The exhaust is leaking through the central mufflers and rusted out.

Does anyone have any feedback or experience with an aftermarket performance exhaust?
Any in particular you'd recommend or where to source from?

I am located in Melbourne.

Dan

gtvsix86

I would be going with a full CSC Exhaust from EB Spares for a stock car you cannot wrong with this upgrade

Anth73

Quote from: gtvsix86 on March 01, 2023, 06:54:29 AM
I would be going with a full CSC Exhaust from EB Spares for a stock car you cannot wrong with this upgrade

Just did the same for my 3.0 upgrade, highly recommended. I think OKP and Classic Alfa stock the same system,  worth comparing prices based on exchange rate and shipping costs. Otherwise you can buy replacement mild steel sections from EB Spares.
Now:
2012 Giulietta QV
1982 GTV6 3L fast road build
1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce...the long term project
1970 1750 GTV project car for sale

Then:
2002 156 2.5V6 Manual
2012 159 2.4JTDm Sportwagon
1973 2000 GTV with a 1750 rear half...that was a shame!
Alfa 90 (only for its engine mounts)

Gig1991

Thank you both for your input.

Did you also fit extractors/headers? Any issues encountered with the fitment?
Do you have any sound files or a video? Would love to hear it.

Thanks again.

gtvsix86

In regard to the sound both Anthony and I at the time also had Performance Cams installed, however this engine has been voted by numerous motoring enthusiasts as the best sounding V6 engine in history so you will not be disappointed. If you can afford to get the headers I would grab them as well.

However, if originality is your aim and your budget is tight as Anthony mentioned EB Spares sells direct replacements of stock exhaust which I have also purchased in the past and their shipping is excellent you will most likely receive everything within a week.

Mulazzo

Hi guys,

Did you just purchase the tail end or did you get the middle straight though or middle silenced? If so which do you recommend?

Thanks
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 8V
Alfa Romeo 159 JTD

TEE Z2

Go to a local exhaust center and get them to make a center section for you

GTVeloce

If you are not concerned about originality, get a good exhaust shop to make one for you. They can also make improvements for you at the same. As an example, on my 75 I had a custom exhaust made from just after the headers and they included flange joints instead of slip joints. Fits like a glove, has lasted (probably 6-7 years old now and showing no signs of issue) and is super easy to take on and off compared to the original.

I'm sure the CSC is an excellent system, but I am confident it won't be any near the same price of a locally made exhaust (mine cost me $300 in Ballarat 6-7 years ago). Probably one of the rare times locally made is cheaper than imported!