2009 Rotary "All Italian Car & Bike Day" & AROCA WA Show n Shine

Started by Fast Eddie, January 20, 2009, 11:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Eddie

The 2009 Annual Rotary Northbridge charity fundraising "All Italian Car & Bike Day' is on again in Perth on SUN 01 MAR, 2009 @ Mulberry on Swan.
This is also the Annual AROCA WA "Show n Shine".

This is a fund raising charity event for Rotary Northbridge and the first at it's new home - "Mulberry on Swan", so and we need as many Alfa Romeo's as possible to attend and be displayed (regardless of whether you wish to enter the Show n Shine competition or not).

If you have more Alfas than drivers, let me know and we will try to find someone who can bring the extra cars out for you.  Talk amonghst your Alfa owningmates and get them to bring their cars outfor this special Annual day.  We have set a goal to beat our previous best Alfa attendance of approx 60.

There will be some sort of prize to the Alfa group - i.e. 116, 105, 101 etc that have the largest number in attendance.
The usual class and Peoples choice trophies will be awarded alson with the prestigious overall Concours trophy.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Tim Jobson

Hi Edward,

Just read the news about the show and shine day on the 1st March.

Is entry $10, if so it will cost most couples $20.   

The Italian Car days of the past used to be free and encouraged the general public to look and see and hopefully create interest in other than current owners of Italian cars.

Cheers
Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport

John Hanslow

Sounds like it's going to be a good event.  Interstingly, a bit of free promotion in the Cars Guide re newspaper got a good response, as well with people just ringing up to see if they could come along with their car even if they were not a member.

To generate more interest we had a Wash'n Shine catagory for non members, peoples choice and next year perhaps a door prize & raffle etc.  Considering the weather, this was most sucessful.

Always good, lots of fun and a bonus if it is for charity.

Regards.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Fast Eddie

Quote from: Tim jobson on February 16, 2009, 10:27:55 PM
Hi Edward,

Just read the news about the show and shine day on the 1st March.

Is entry $10, if so it will cost most couples $20.   

The Italian Car days of the past used to be free and encouraged the general public to look and see and hopefully create interest in other than current owners of Italian cars.

Cheers
Tim

Firstly, if you come in your Alfa, it costs nothing to attend other than perhaps a gold coin donation.
As a visitor, yes it costs $10 per adult but remember this is not an AROCA event but a Rotary event that is for fundraising for Rotary activities.  Last year the Italian motorkhana and Italian car & bike day resulted in $15k going to a local Rotary project.

There was an entry fee last year.  I am unaware about the prior year as i was still in Melbourne.  Prior to that we had a separate show n shine day but got fewer and fewer attendees and cars.  We get a far better turnout by doing the 2 events together.

So, come in your Alfa, or someone else's Alfa and enter and park for for free, display your car with Alfisti pride and if you wish enter the annual AROCA WA show n Shine.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Tim Jobson

Hi Edward,

I would certainly bring my car however I am currently cutting out its old sills and will be welding new ones so may be next year, I will send the $20 entry fee on parts for my car.

Regards
Tim
1975 105 GTV 2000
Past
79 Fiat Spider 2000
76 Ferrari 308GTB Dry sump fiberglass model
74 Fiat 124 Sport CC, 128SL,850 Sport

aussiehcviva

last year's show was okay, but the previous year it was the best one i've seen. from memory there was a huge display of fiats including an original 1950s multipla, an original lanicia stratos and two ferrari f40s. sensational.

hopefully we have a good turnout this year too.

while the entry fee is a bit of a put-off for some, i feel okay knowing it's going to charity - and i get to see cars i love.