F1 Driver parade opportunity - Valtteri Bottas

Started by Cobrasteve, May 28, 2022, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrasteve

Meant to throw this up ages ago

As a member of the Cobra Car Club of Victoria (CCCV), the club was offered the privilege of supporting the 2020 F1 driver's parade as the cars karting the F1 drivers on the parade lap.

We all know how the 2020 event panned out, but to their credit, the FIA maintained the arrangement and the 2022 F1 event happened and as many will have seen CCCV cars were there.

Opportunity and luck of a lifetime saw me draw an Alfa driver in Valtteri Bottas, this I only learnt on the Wednesday night before the F1 weekend.

Friday saw me rushing about sourcing a red Victorian Alfa owners cap for a possibly autograph opportunity, and this did occur at the end of the drive.

One of many photos of the experience attached.

Enjoy

Steve

Cobrasteve

Not sure if I can cheat and keep on adding photos, here goes

Cobrasteve

And another

Colin Edwards

Great photos of a great event.  Thanks for the reminder of what sunshine is!
Only missed 1 or 2 OZ GP's.  Friday at the F1 GP was largest Friday crowd I've witnessed.
Did you have an opportunity for a quick chat with Valtteri?
The Cobra looks a bit of a beast?
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5

Cobrasteve

Cheers Colin

Though not a regular attendee, still think both days of the weekend were huge with the crowds.

Valtteri wasn't a spontaneous talker and likely many of the other F1 drivers would have been the same, but he did talk and answer some of my questions when I asked.  Most importantly he did autograph my Alfa Owners club hat - lol!!

The AC's are a fun car when the weather is ok but that reason is part of why I've got the 105 to allow for inclement weather. 

But I'm planning on some form of A/C install to enable the Alfa to be a nice all weather driver too, the car to be a nice beast to zip out in when the mood suits.

Domenic

May i ask is your cobra a "superformance" kit car or another make?

looks really nice in Yellow

Cobrasteve

Thanks Domenic

My cobra is a G-Force kit, these made in WA, and this one was bought new in its various bits by the original owner in February 1997.

I bought it in Melbourne as a quasi roller but still in bits from the second owner in November 2006.

However, I had it engineered and on the road in December 2007.

So it's had quite a journey.

The boss gave me the approval to build car provided she picked the colours but I have no issue with the "Rapid Ford" yellow she chose either. 

The stripes are actually a deep blue so she stands out regardless.

Cheers