Flat battery in 159

Started by JimB, April 29, 2022, 06:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimB

Hi All,
        My 159 JTS ti 6 spd was last driven on April 5. It always starts first time every time. Today its new battery, fitted by the RAA in January, was completely flat, not a flicker! I've now started it and have the charger connected.
No obvious cause was apparent. I will speak to the supplier.
Please let me know if anyone else has experienced a similar situation with a 159?  Jim

alfamisa

Quote from: JimB on April 29, 2022, 06:02:13 PM
Hi All,
        My 159 JTS ti 6 spd was last driven on April 5. It always starts first time every time. Today its new battery, fitted by the RAA in January, was completely flat, not a flicker! I've now started it and have the charger connected.
No obvious cause was apparent. I will speak to the supplier.
Please let me know if anyone else has experienced a similar situation with a 159?  Jim
I see you were waiting for an answer, a bit like pushing sh#t uphill here I'm afraid. You are better off getting a sparky to look at it but first look for a solution from here;
https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/159-parasitic-electric-drain-on-battery.1080929/
https://www.alfaowner.com/threads/159-battery-parasitic-drain-on-any-load.1199833/
PS  Alfaowner.com is a far better forum to search for Alfa issues because of the sheer number of cars in UK.
Failing these two just do a search and there are other posts.
The Alfa Romeo heritage "rinascimento" (renaissance) continues in each and every new model...the first "rinascimento" being 1915.

JimB

Thanks Alfamisa. Will do. Jim

GTV6SA

Are you only doing short trips, if so may not be long enough to charge battery, when I only do short trips or infrequent use ,I leave the smart charger connected to avoid battery drain as I also have a blackvue dash cam which operates continuously even in park mode. Otherwise have alternator checked, I had one replaced ,common fault I believe and also did water pump at the same time!