Project 'S'!

Started by alfagtv58, July 17, 2006, 01:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Farquharson

Pictures don't do it justice!  Looks fantastic.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Mike

so is the little beast together now?  Will it be at Winton this weekend?  Would love to see it
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

Scott Farquharson

Yes - and hopefully my car as well.  Both are very close to being finished.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

alfagtv58

Project 'S' is alive, she got fired up for the first time last night ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Extractors and collector pipe only, probably not the right carby jets and no throttle linkage yet......but it ran!

I am so happy.....also tired....but happy ;D
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Victor Lee

Hi Phil,

Everything go ok with the car's inspection on Sunday?

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

alfagtv58

Quote from: Victor Lee on February 28, 2007, 05:47:59 PM
Hi Phil,

Everything go ok with the car's inspection on Sunday?

Victor

Yes it did thanks Victor, John Caffin was a great guy....after the inspection John, his wife Sandra and I had a coffee and chatted for some time.

The paperwork has now been submitted to CAMS and all seems to be under control......famous last words!!
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Fast Eddie

Bloody awesome Phil! ;D ;D ;D

see i told you John was a great guy :D

Good luck with paperwork and final touches.  I have brake issues to be sorted out tomorrow and still deciding what to do wheel, tyre wise - run my 14x6 rials with 195x14 D01J's (technically sold with the sprint and getting toward their end) or the 16x8 DTM's & 225x16Falken R's (too big, not period and too slow). :-\

Anyone want to lend me a set of 14x6 @ 98pcd with R'spec tyres for a weekend? ;D
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

What a cracker of a weekend  ;D I cannot remember the last time I had that much fun!  The car went like a rocket, I was able to put down a 2 min flat in the second race :o Really happy with that straight out of the box!

Qualified 28th - A little dissapointed with my lap time but 5 laps only with 50 cars on the track, no chance of a clear lap.
1st race 15th Outright and 2nd in class
2nd race 14th Outright and 2nd in class
3rd race 16th Outright and 2nd in class (brake drama's devoloped on 2nd lap so I just nursed the car home...)

I will attempt to get a full race report in the next edition of C+S mag.

PS. If you are building a GroupS car....hurry up, come and play ;)  If you are not.....why ??? ;)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Colin Byrne

nice one phil
2 min out of the box is an awsome effort, what tyres where you running?, and what where the brake dramas, just pad fade?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Fast Eddie

You should be very happy and proud of yourself Phil.  It was a pleasure to share a marquue / garage with you and to watch and hear your machine on the circuit.  a 2.00 lap time in your Sunday morning race at this cars first real race meeting was awesome.
The car was a credit to all those involved in its development.

Good to see the Vics are finally taking the challenge up to our interstae compatriots who have "owned" our local event for years.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

alfagtv58

Quote from: Colin Byrne on March 13, 2007, 09:30:42 AM
nice one phil
2 min out of the box is an awsome effort, what tyres where you running?, and what where the brake dramas, just pad fade?

Thanks Colin, Tyres are the new Yokohama A048's, Brakes not too sure at this stage but the rear reservior was almost empty (was full before I went out) so I imagine I have drawn some air into the system and the pedal was going to the floor by the end.

2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Sensational first race weekend - can't think of a better debut!

Couldn't of hoped for a better start to the Vic Grp S series!  I think your experience is a great example of the Grp S concept in action.  Well done.

By the way you are now officially leading the AROCA Grp S Challenge Race and Sprint Series pointscore for 2007!
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

Do i get points for being there too, albeit in a different event  ???
Unless my car was of Group S era, i could not have entered :'(
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

Oh Ed,

I had originally put forward a trophy for Group S Races for the year at 4 events - PI, Winton Winton Sandown and for Group S Sprint competitors at the AROCA Sprint days but had not thought of those in regularity - maybe have a Grp S Regularity trophy for the same events as the race trophy?  May help to get prospective competitors at least along to the meeting prior to going all the way much like what you are doing - talk about it tonight.
Scott Farquharson
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Fast Eddie

Quote from: Phil Baskett on January 12, 2007, 09:30:22 AM
I was thinking of a couple of white stripe's similar to that on the WTCC Alfa's (see picture)....but to be honest time is getting away from me to have the car ready so the stripes are falling way down the (long) priority list :-\

remember when we talked about racing stripes especially those available from www.trickedgraphics.com.au and the overcatering of red GTV's being prepped for Group Sc?

Well, i've bought the stripes and applied them myself yesterday.  Now for someone who cant cut, drill, saw straight or put a decal on without bubbles, i didnt do a half bad job.  pics attached.

I bought the cheapest set available and they were easy to apply.
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.