Giulietta QV TCT/Electrical Issue - Stuck in 2nd Gear - P0701 Code?

Started by jvidd, February 07, 2022, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvidd

Hi all,

My 2015 Giulietta QV TCT started to have this issue where it shows up various dash lights then does not let me change beyond 2nd gear, saying gear unavailable. It also goes back to 'N' DNA mode and is essentially undrivable.

I then pull over and undo the battery and leave it for a while, which remedy's the situation and it drives perfectly well, until it happens again.

I replaced the battery as a few people noted that it could be a drop in voltage, however it still happens.

I am getting the P0701 code ("transmission control system has detected an abnormality in the readings from one or more sensors"), from my Bluetooth OBD reader.

My mechanic is having issues pin pointing the issue and has advised to bring it back to Alfa. He says the transmission fluid pressure is fine then after driving for a while some issue occurs whether it be electrical or something which causes it to tell the computer that there is insufficient pressure or something along those lines, however there is no leak etc.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Could it be a faulty or dirty wiring/ sensor/ solenoid issue, or the battery still (underpowered?)?

I don't believe it is mechanical as when I unplug the battery and drive it again it drives fine with no noises or gear change issues for a while.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Joel

Mick A

Hi mate,

It is quite possibly a fault with the speed sensor in the gearbox.

In the early selespeeds this was the exact symptom for a faulty sender, not being able to shift past 2nd gear.

Would need to see for myself to diagnose correctly of course, but this is just an educated guess as I personally haven't come across that exact problem on the TCT boxes before.

Cheers

Mick