159 Stereo Replacement

Started by m.o6712, December 11, 2021, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m.o6712

Looking to buy a 159, and found a 2007 model for a good price but the stereo had been replaced with a rather outdated aftermarket system. I was wondering how diffficult it would be to find an original stereo system to replace it with, or where I would find such a thing. Would this to be too difficult, and would replacing it with a newer aftermarket system be a better option? Thanks.

As the day goes

Why go backwards and not get the sort of "connectivity" that cars deserve now?  Does it have a reverse camera?

If you get an old unit,  you may need to do a proxy alignment.  Does the cars have a Blue and Me USB outlet?  Probably does not work now and you will want it to work if you replace it with an OEM unit that has the interconnection with the Blue and Me unit.   And off course will the  2nd hand OEM unit be in good working unit without dried out capacitors?  OEM units had rather shite AM reception.

I replaced mine.  Fiddly work and needs real patience.  Took about 3 days.  Read more about it here.https://www.facebook.com/groups/524608784562636/search/?q=vince%20bagu%C5%A1auskas

As the day goes

m.o6712

Thanks, will have a look into it.