rear power window fuse location

Started by poohbah, December 04, 2021, 06:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poohbah

Any one know where the fuse for rear power windows in a '99 156 V6 Q-auto might be located? Specifically? (like fuse 4, top right of the secondary array above the main fuse box)

I've looked in the owners manual and the fuse boxes/bunches depicted - other than the main array to RHS of steering column - are entirely different to the actual fuse boxes in my car.

My manual suggests it is in the small bunch accessed through hatch in the glovebox - but the layout and number of fuses in my car is very different to that one pictured.

Similarly, online diagrams are also completely different - one locates it in the secondary bunch that sits above the main array right of steering column. Again, the fuses in my car are entirely different in number, layout and amperage.

I'm just trying to check the fuse for my LHS rear window. I've confirmed there is nothing wrong with switches, and the power seems to be going to the rear door through the connector plug on the front edge of the door  as the speakers are working.

The motors in both rear doors were replaced about 5 years ago, and LHS was working til recently, though it would occasionally get stuck if not used for a while. But I could usually get it to start working again with a bit of a nudge on the glass or firm shutting of the  door.  Now its dead - can't budge it.

Thought checking a fuse would be simple enough and may potentially avert any need to remove the door card. How naive of me...
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Craig_m67

It will either be the ridiculously complicated door wiring connector pins or (more likely) the motor, stuck, as you have already experienced.

Removing the door card and giving it a tweak (special hammer) and the guides a liberal soaking with silicon spray will be faster than finding the fuse - is there a fuse?

(and I concur, from memory the wiring diagrams bear little relationship to any actual 156)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

poohbah

Cheers Craig, will give it a crack tomorrow.
            1981 GTV

poohbah

Update:

I pulled the door card off, WD40'd the switch, the inner power connection and also removed the outer casing of the motor so I could turn it.

Reconnected everything and the window is now working again.

Very satisfying (and thanks to advice from Craig and ACE.)
            1981 GTV