Electric side mirror toggle switch

Started by GTV84, August 16, 2021, 10:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTV84

Hi all,
After a long period away from doing some work on the Series 116 GTV 2.0, I have started finishing off some smaller details.
I have been able to get hold of a LHS electric mirror however would like to source a 4 pole toggle switch similar to the one fitted for the existing RHS mirror.
I have tried Jaycar, Element 14 etc. but with no luck...what is available isn't suited for an electric mirror.
Would appreciate if anyone has suggestions please.
Many thanks
Ron

GTVeloce

Cars with two mirrors from the factory came with a very similar looking toggle switch to yours except it had a small switch to change from drivers to passenger side control. I would suggest trying to find a secondhand one from somewhere. I sold my spare sorry so can't help you.
Anth73 (from this forum) recently installed one so may be able to help with wiring.

GTV84

Many thanks for your feedback.  I thought the inclusion of a mirror selection switch maybe the way to go.
Appreciate your thoughts.
@Anth73... any assistance with wiring information would be most appreciated.
Thank you

Anth73

Hi Ron,

Have a look at around page 5 or 6 of my GTV Renovation thread and you'll see the wiring for the electric mirror connector and switch for cars with two door mirrors. Basically single mirror cars have five wires whereas two mirror cars have six wires in the connector.

I've also attached a mirror wiring diagram below.

Regards,
Anthony
Now:
2012 Giulietta QV
1982 GTV6 3L fast road build
1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce...the long term project
1970 1750 GTV project car for sale

Then:
2002 156 2.5V6 Manual
2012 159 2.4JTDm Sportwagon
1973 2000 GTV with a 1750 rear half...that was a shame!
Alfa 90 (only for its engine mounts)

GTV84

Hi Anthony,
Many thanks indeed.  I will certainly review your Renovation thread this evening with interest.
Mine is very much a slow process with the intended result being a nicely presented car (certainly not concours) that I will enjoy driving regularly.  My only other Alfa was a 1981 Giulietta 1.8 which I purchased new and enjoyed for many years.
Thank you again
Ron

LukeC

Like this one I have gathering dust....
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au

GTV84

Hi Luke,
Apologies for the delay in replying.
Very keen to buy the switch if it is still available?
Cheers
Ron