Millenium Spider Fuse Block - is there a catch?

Started by The Count, April 24, 2021, 12:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Count

Am putting covers etc. back in place in my wife's 1999 Millenium Spider 2.0 TwinSpark after the RAC went hunting for the diagnostic port and left covers off everywhere (including the boot).
They removed the fuse block cover to the right of the steering column under the dash and lowered the fuse block but, when I go to raise it before refitting the cover, it just drops down again.
My question is: Does the block latch up into place as it appears the tab with the word FUSE on it has a step which looks like it might latch into place. I'm not as young and supple as I once was so can anyone enlighten me before I go trying contortions... does the block latch back up into place or does the cover act as retainer?
As always, all input welcome on this.
PPS- finding the "push and turn" fasteners for the fuse block cover is like searching for the excreta of the rocking horse!
Cheers,
Nick

bazzbazz

Quote from: The Count on April 24, 2021, 12:42:57 PM
Am putting covers etc. back in place in my wife's 1999 Millenium Spider 2.0 TwinSpark after the RAC went hunting for the diagnostic port and left covers off everywhere (including the boot).

RAC never heard of Google?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au