159 after market wheel nightmare!!!

Started by jammar, December 19, 2008, 09:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammar

I pick up my 159 in 06 with factory 18" alloys; the tyres need to be replaced, so I was looking into after market wheels and tyres possible 19" but no one seems to carry anything to fit, any help would be much appreciated
Thanks Jamie

1750GT

Jammar, one of our Alfa club site sponsors is Stucky Tyres, they sell tyres and wheels for sports cars etc. Their contact details are below. Give them a call they may be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

Stuckey Tyre Service
9386 5331 Brunswick
"For the best tyres, road or race"
www.stuckey.com.au

Cheers

1750GT

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Hi Jamie,

I am unsure of the availability or price but how about the 19" 159 Ti wheels?  They really suit the car well and look quite stunning (see attached image).

The 159 Ti comes with Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres.  They offer excellent grip but at a (significant) price and do tramline a bit.  Also, the ride will be firmer (watch those potholes), though I actually enjoy this.
Tyres are not my speciality, though I am sure many of our experienced members will be able to provide sound advice.
Try Stucky Tyres in Brunswick.  They have been helping club members for years.
Cheers,
Marco
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

jammar

Great advice, ill keep you all posted
And thanks again

Victor Lee

Before our current 159 3.2, we had a 156 JTS which had rims from Bob Jane.  They were ROH rims called "Envy".  They were a 5 spoke Ferrari look alike.  These were only 17 inch, so u need to check if they are available any larger.

Cheers
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

jammar

thanks to all the replies it can be done
got it sortd today 20" all round, with 235/35/20

thanks again

branko.gt

Thmpar

Looks good,But look into it that the 20's match up to tyre load rating required by the placard as they commonly make alot of vehicles unroadworthy due to their low ratings.

1750GT

Look pretty hot jammar. Where did you find the wheels?

1750 GT

jammar

Sorry for the delayed reply, had an extended holiday. In answer to above.
The long and short of it, the wheels were fitted by Tempe Tyres, there are fast turn around organisation, lot of turn over, but do have a massive knowledge of wheels and tyres, they gave me a choice of wheels, once I made a decision, a blank was fitted to the car to make sure of correct fitment, the ok was given and the 4 wheels were machined on the spot, tyres fitted and balanced, out the door in 1 hour and 20 mins. Fingerprints on the wheels and no tyres shine, but end result got what I was looking for.
In relation to the load rating the tyre placard states that a 93y or 650 kgs, the new wheels are a 92y or 630kgs so I am under by 20kgs, the strange thing is the car was supplied with 92y tyres on the factory Alfa 18" mags (which I now what to off load)
Thanks again jamar

Choom

Quote from: jammar on January 26, 2009, 02:49:29 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply, had an extended holiday. In answer to above.
The long and short of it, the wheels were fitted by Tempe Tyres, there are fast turn around organisation, lot of turn over, but do have a massive knowledge of wheels and tyres, they gave me a choice of wheels, once I made a decision, a blank was fitted to the car to make sure of correct fitment, the ok was given and the 4 wheels were machined on the spot, tyres fitted and balanced, out the door in 1 hour and 20 mins. Fingerprints on the wheels and no tyres shine, but end result got what I was looking for.
In relation to the load rating the tyre placard states that a 93y or 650 kgs, the new wheels are a 92y or 630kgs so I am under by 20kgs, the strange thing is the car was supplied with 92y tyres on the factory Alfa 18" mags (which I now what to off load)
Thanks again jamar

How did this affect the ride, going from 18 to 20's can have negative results on comfort?
Peter
2009 Alfa Brera 2.2 Selespeed