116 GTV paint and panel recommendations

Started by Green_GTV, March 12, 2021, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_GTV

Hi All,
After a couple of years of house/wedding/kids/etc. It's time to get my 81 GTV back on the road. It's mechanically sound and very solid, but the problem is I painted it lime green with white gt stripes when I was 18 . I'd like to take it back to the original olivio verde. Can anyone recommend a paint and panel shop in Sydney or Wollongong that knows their way around alfettas? Looking for a neat job but doesn't need to be a show stopper.
Cheers,
Tom

bonno

Hi Tom
Welcome aboard and have sent you a PM on a suitable Panel Shop located in the inner west. May I also suggest that you do some research and visit to discuss your requirements with several workshop in your area who specialize in this type of work. If the body is very solid as you indicate, then an external respray (removal of trim/lights, prime and paint) might be all that's required.
Regards
bonno

Green_GTV

Thanks for the recommendation bonno. I'll certainly do some scouting around. I did the first restoration myself 20 years ago and its been mostly garaged ever since, so I'm pretty confident of the condition underneath. Needs some very minor rust work, but that's about it.