FS 2009 Alfa Romeo Mito Sport, Manual - Melb

Started by peter.b, January 29, 2021, 03:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.b

Hi all,

Up for sale is my brother's manual Mito Sport in Black, and in good condition overall. He's left the country indefinitely so we're looking to move it on. It drives really well, but has a few body issues that need some TLC. Despite this, it cleans up rather nicely - please see photos (more available on request).

I think it's a great base for a properly fun track car (Brembos and a 1.4L turbo!) but it needs a little bit of work if the eventual owner plans to keep it as a daily.

The details:
Model: Mito Sport, Manual
Year: 2009
Colour: Black
Odometer: TBC - approx. 100k
Last service: @ George Halls Auto Service Northcote - he wasn't able to secure the invoice before he left, but it was within 18 months I believe.
Rego: Expires 18 March 2021
RWC: No

The good:

• Drives well.
  • New-ish tyres with lots of life left in them
  • Lots of life left in the brake pads.

The bad:

• Timing belt changed 3 or so years ago; very little driving since then, but probably due regardless. Done at Alfa Donnini in Malvern East.
  • Driver's side mirror not working
  • Passenger mirror glass is broken, along with bracket - needs to be replaced.
  • No key fob, just key.
  • Key surround trim on door handle missing.
  • Sunroof is stuck in the vent position - needs to be fixed.
  • A/C not working, likely needs a regas.
  • Boot latch wires cinched at the hinge so it won't open from the outside. Boot trim removed from the inside.
  • Some paint peeling.
  • A few dings and scratches.

Sold without an RWC.

Asking $3499 ONO. I believe this is a fair price for the condition of the car, considering most are listed for double. Cosmetically it's a bit of work, but it more than makes up for it with its mechanical aptitude. Would be a great track project, or a very cheap and fun runabout for anyone with the time and know-how to get it up to scratch.

Feel free to PM or call me on zero 411 149 3 zero 5 to discuss.

Pete