Lowering my 2020 Giulia Veloce

Started by ChopChop, November 29, 2020, 11:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChopChop

Hi there Alfisti !
This is my first post to the forum so be gentle...

I'm hoping someone can help me with some sage advice on lowering my Giulia.  I've just bought it new from McCarrolls in Sydney and love it to bits.  But I think it sits a fraction high on its gorgeous wheels.

I've cruised YouTube and seen a couple of very good videos from the USA on "how" to do it, and "which" springs to use. But haven't seen anything Australian... was wondering if anyone has lowered their Giulia and if so what they did and if they have any advice

Cheers and thanks in advance.

ChopChop
from BALMAIN

2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce 2.0 (Volcanic Black)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5 (Black)
1976 Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 (Alfa Red)

Colin Edwards

Hi ChopChop,

Eibach do shorter springs for the Giulia.  Apparently lowering the car around 25mm.
Not sure about the Giulia, however most cars today feature sensors that measure the car ride height and general chassis attitude. 
Vehicle stability control and headlight aiming would probably use info from the ride height and general suspension displacement sensors.

Give Alex a call at Alfa Donnini Repairs in Melbourne.  He is very knowledgeable with regard to the latest Alfas and possibly forcing the chassis control unit to re-learn reduced ride height.  I understand he has all the factory diagnostic toys.

Colin
Present
2023 Tonale Veloce
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
1987 75 3.0

Past
2020 Giulietta Veloce
2015 Giulietta QV
2009 159 3.2 Ti Q4
2012 Giulietta TCT Veloce
2006 147 Ti 2 door Selespeed
1979 Alfasud Ti 1.5