2002 Twin Spark Spider. Air bag warning light module

Started by Guzzisti, October 23, 2020, 11:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guzzisti

Greetings. First post.
I bought a 2002 Twin Spark Veloce spider from a European Car dealer in Brisbane. I picked it up 8 days ago. Drove about 40kms towards home and stopped at a friends place. Restarted car and the air bag warning light would not extinguish.
Returned the car to dealer the next working day. Diagnostics could not find the cause. Dash was pulled apart and wiring inspected.
The fault, I am told is a faulty module. I am told that it has been sent for repair.
Questions: Is this a repairable item or should they be sourcing a replacement?
Are replacement items available?
This is my first Alfa and I am looking forward to getting it back as soon as possible. Just want to make sure the dealer is being upfront with me.
Thanks in advance for a by replies.
Guzzisti

bazzbazz

The Modules do sometime fail, as to repairing the module, it all depends on whats wrong with it. If it something like a bad connection , then maybe yes, if it is a faulty processor chip, then no.

Usually a replacement item is required from a wreckers, but like I said, it may simply be a duff connector.

The fact that the dealer has admitted that there is a problem and is attending to it is a promising sign. If you run into too many problems, give me a call.

Hope your back on the road soon and loving your little Alfa.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Guzzisti

Hi Baz,
Many thanks for your reply and advice. My Spider is now back on the road😃
A couple of days after posting the repairer/dealer contacted me saying the module in question could not be repaired due to possible litigation should the air bag fail in an accident situation. They have since sourced a replacement module . I am not sure if it is new or otherwise.
All is working well. Thanks again.
Guzzisti