2015 Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio Verde Handbrake switch broken?

Started by Choogz, September 29, 2020, 11:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choogz

Hi guys yet another I need assistance post (really think I got the biggest lemon of all the Alfa's but anyways)

I've had issues in the last two weeks where the handbrake button does not push the hammer/lock down into the cog to engage the handbrake.

I can see that the wires aren't snapped but if there is a mechanism between the plastic switch and dropping the locking pin its snapped or faulty perhaps?

Car is only just over 75000kms and since I've bought it 2 years ago I've replaced the following

Inlet manifold, oil temp sensor, (water pump which was done as a suspected fault for a huge coolant leak I think it was actually the inlet manifold)

Should I just try and repair this and move on because I've honestly got no faith in the build quality of the TCT gearbox at this point seems to be extremely jerky in a cold start.

Teri

Hey Choogz,

I bought my GQV right when you posted about your inlet manifold issues.
I have had to replace the radiator a few months after purchase. The mechanic crushed the cable so I had no parking sensors until I could be bothered to take it to alfa to replace them(1 year).
In November 2019 a month or two after replacing the radiator my car overheated after driving less than 10km from Preston, VIC to Brunswick.
It had 3 water pumps replaced because it kept dumping fuel. I found your post and suggested they check the inlet manifold....I had the same issue.
Recently the check engine light came on, I took it to Automoda in Five Dock and he said the inlet problem will happen again. Theight was only in because of an exhaust sensor and was a quick fix.
So if it makes you feel better I think I may have bought the bigger lemon 😅😒😪

bazzbazz

Quote from: Teri on January 23, 2021, 06:57:35 PM
It had 3 water pumps replaced because it kept dumping fuel.

Eh?  ???

What have water pumps to do with fuel?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au