159 selespeed issue / hydraulic pressure

Started by 159always, September 28, 2020, 01:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

159always

Driving down the road everything was fine until I came to a stop, at which point the engine shut off as the car didn't shift out of 2nd. Imagine stopping a manual car without depressing the clutch.

Took a few tries to start back up, arrived at store and parked. When I came back the car doesn't shift out of N. Saw some oil (leak), but everything seems ok, pump primes etc.

Took car to dealer, at which point they said I need a new clutch. I said, great! Fix it then, since you installed the clutch a few months back, you can cover it. "Oh?! Did we?!,"  Then it became the accumulator/tank/pump (part 6000100083), not the clutch.  So I asked which is it? Clutch, Tank, pump, or accumulator?
Now it's none, it's mechanical or some BS. It can't be explained over the phone, I'd have to come into garage.  I no longer trust the dealer. Seems to me they are just trying to charge me for a big ticket item and I just keep catching them in their lie.

Error codes:

P0942 - hydraulic circuit pressure
P2904- clutch sub-system
P0805- clutch stroke sensor
P060c - control unit faulty (microprocessor)
P0945 - pump relay driver

Clutch was replaced at dealer few months back. They are the only shop who worked on my transmission.

It's like pulling teeth with these guys. I told them I'm not paying for a door when all I need is a key, which of the 3 components need replacing, I'm not paying for 6000100083 when I can replace the damaged component(s).

I've completely lost faith in my garage. Unfortunately, I'm located in a country with limited people/garage that have the proper tools / scan equipment to work on a sele CFC-300.

All I know for curtain, is the sele system is leaking oil (been leaking since they repaired clutch, car never leaked a drop of oil before) and I'm assuming it's the accumulator, pump, tank/ hose that is leaking based on dealer. Every time I confront my dealer, the story changes. Going in tomorrow hopefully. I'm going to have them add oil and pressurize system so I may drive it home.

Thank you for your insights. 

bazzbazz

A/ Where is the fluid leaking from?

B/ Is it Selespeed oil or brake fluid?

C/ When they replaced the clutch did they also replace the Clutch Slave cylinder in the bell housing?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

159always

A: they will not tell me specifically, only that I need to replace selespeed oil, tank hose, and unit 6000100083 (consisting of tank, pump, and accumulator).

B: according to dealership it's sele oil

C: I don't recall and it's not mentioned on the invoice. Should they have? Is that routine?

Thx Bazz.

———————————-

Ok, just had a heated conversation with head mechanic and Alfa-dealership owner over phone, truth finally showed itself, according to shop now it's the hydraulic  hose/line that is leaking. Owner said he'd repair my vehicle free of charge and would call me when it's ready. Shady sauce for 4-5 days, all the sudden my repairs are free... not complaining.

I will confirm part(s) replaced once I get my vehicle back. I hope this post can help someone in the future, although I wish our selespeeds never broke down. Hands down the most enjoyable "automatic" transmission I've ever driven.
Thank you alfaclub for such a great resource. Bazz, special thanks to you, you and Jamie (Alfa workshop) are hands down brilliant! Love reading your post, learning from you. I wish I were rich enough to be able to send you my car to work on - respect.

Much love everyone.
Always and forever 159+CFC300.