Pics of when I first picked it up to bring home

Started by Joppa, September 22, 2020, 05:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joppa

Hi Carl,

I have no idea how to send you pics so I thought you may see these here.  Here's a few pics on what the car looked like when I picked it up last year.  Still sitting on the CN36 Cinturato's which weren't that flat considering it's been almost 40 years.  Last time I sore this car I was just a young kid (my uncle bought it new), and I still remember picking up the rear right tail light reflector that fell off, and I placed it on the back seat.....and it was still there when I picked it up.....it was just an incredible feeling :)

Joppa

And this is after we pushed it into the sun for the first time.....

bonno

Hi Joppa
Good to see another 105 GTV being reborn, with the added bonus of a family connection since new. From the look of the car, it has been well preserved and is a great start for a car project. This is when it becomes interesting to see, whether your plan is to carry out a ground up restoration or a refresh of mechanicals, body and interior to enable it to be road registered. I suppose your budget will have major bearing on which way you will go, together with how quickly you want it done. Looking forward to updates on your journey, with reference and or advice from members of this forum, as required.
Good luck and all the best
Regards
bonno

GTV-074

I've said it in another post but this combo/model is one of my dream 105's ....

Saw one years ago and that was it!

Good luck with the resto..

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

aggie57

Gorgeous, just gorgeous.  Lucky you and lucky car!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Joppa

Thank guys very much appreciate the responses :)  I do consider myself very lucky, even mechanically, everything is in very good nick.

My initial intension was to get this on the road as quickly as I could, mainly because my Uncle was very keen to see the Alfa back on the road before he succumbed to his illness.  I hired a painter/rust repair guy to get the body work done, but this turned into a nightmare (very poor workmanship) and my uncle passed late last year.  For several reasons, I had to take a few months off.

Since then, I've gone all the way back and am starting from scratch whilst cutting all my previous losses. 

I've actually started a thread on the AlfaBB forum if anyone is keen to have a look.  Rust wise it was far better than I originally thought.  The outta spider web look was external only, and the rest is fantastic.  The thread is called "Bleu chiaro metall restoration" under the Car restoration bit.  I have several more updates to add to it, though in good time as I also work many hours with little to no time off.