no stranger to Alfas, but new to this forum.

Started by redalfaracing, December 06, 2008, 11:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartone

Ciao Greg,

next week i will be taking delivery of a 1980 GTV which will probably require a new rear hatch door, do you have this part for sale ?

I rally raced in north-eastern Italy (Miki Biasion country) in the late seventies, I currently reside in Narre Warren South (Berwick Springs area) and would appreciate to chat with you over a few beers. 
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

redalfaracing

Kartone, i do not have an unallocated hatch at the moment. sorry. I would enjoy chatting about rally in italy over a beer. Will have to wait though as being in the air con industry it has gotten a bit hectic after last weeks weather. Haven't had any shed time for a week now. Sad about that.

AND... to top it off, Toyota have announced their withdrawal from the ARC for 2009. Where will it stop?
Is this the start of a slow death to motorsport ?
Greg Wyatt

'79 Alfetta PRC
'83 GTV6 3.0L 24v CRC Project
'83 GTV6 restoration project

kartone

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

alfagtv58

Quote from: redalfaracing on February 01, 2009, 08:50:27 PM
AND... to top it off, Toyota have announced their withdrawal from the ARC for 2009. Where will it stop?

It does not stop there.  Porsche Cars Australia has just announced the Carrera Cup championship will not run in 2009!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

k76

Quote from: kartone on February 03, 2009, 09:16:05 PM
Redalfaracing,

use link below to my backyard in the 70s; enjoy.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KSJKchNQmtI

I lived one year in Milan and two years in Monza, roads like that looks familiar. It's great with roads where you can really give yourself and the car a workout, and you're still not breaking the speed limit. Not that the speed limit matters there anyway, more of a guidance.
'77 Alfetta GTV 2000
'82 Alfetta Sportiva
'04 147 TS

Fast Eddie

Quote from: Phil Baskett on February 06, 2009, 08:46:43 AM
Quote from: redalfaracing on February 01, 2009, 08:50:27 PM

It does not stop there.  Porsche Cars Australia has just announced the Carrera Cup championship will not run in 2009!

Yeah heard that at the CAMS meeting last night - complete Porsche support withdrawal. Wow, what or who ss next?
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

Scott Farquharson

This is always the risk with heavy manufacturer support - Ford and Holden will be really looking hard at their V8 investment atm.  I don't think it is sustainable.
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

Sheldon McIntosh

I got the impression it was more a lack of competitors than lack of support from Porsche.  The teams still have to buy the cars from Porsche, even if they are 'subsidised' somewhat.  In fact I got the impression Porsche actually have very little to do with it, and that the whole series is contracted to another company.  I've been wrong before though.

I'm very interested to see what happens with Porsche series overseas.

Reckon Toyota and Mitsubishi still want to get in on the V8s?

alfagtv58

It was a lack of competitors, mainly due to lack of sponsorship $$ available.  Dont forget that Porsche Cars Aust is also throwing it's support behind another Australian series, namely the GT3 Cup Challenge.  I guess that the current owners of 997 cars will be looking to compete in something else, my guess it is going to be either the aforementioned GT3 series or the Aust GT Championship.  If it is the GT3 guys, then it would be similar to the way they run the Carrera Cup in NZ, a class for current (997) and a class for the older (!) cars, which in theory is probably more sustainable when 90% of the sponsorship money in aust is tipped into the supertaxis.

The guy I feel sorry for in this situation is Glenn Ridge and his QMedia company, they have only recently taken the rights to run the Aust Carrera Cup (and the Mini's too from memory).
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti