GTV6-Restomod

Started by gtvsix86, September 08, 2020, 07:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeTV

Let me first say, so sorry for your loss gtvsix86.
This is an inspirational thread and that motor is an ABSOLUTE peach!

gtvsix86

Quote from: bazzbazz on December 12, 2020, 10:22:08 AM
The crankshaft pulley is obviously not standard, what is it off and where did you get it?
All the conversion parts were fabricated by the genius Claude for his personal race car have a chat to either him or Mick and Hugh at Monza Motors who were the masters are making this work on a road car.   

gtvsix86

Quote from: GeeTV on December 13, 2020, 11:46:05 PM
Let me first say, so sorry for your loss gtvsix86.
This is an inspirational thread and that motor is an ABSOLUTE peach!
Thank you much appreciated

gtvsix86

Things were getting tough again on a personal level Mum was diagnosed with dementia before we lost Dad and now her symptoms were progressing a lot faster. A third child came along and my free time that I once enjoyed was evaporating. Rankins was keen to get the motor in and Monza's was ready to do the install. However I wanted to do some sound deadening and insulation into the car. I went to Rankins on Saturday morning with my oldest child and we did as much as we could but I realised this was going to take along time if I could only spare Saturday mornings. I didn't want to hold up proceedings so I contacted my mate at the Body Shop who was able to pass me onto the owner of Car Builders who then put me in touch with his installer. I met Matt from iSorb and what a nice guy he went above and beyond and I was extremely happy with the job he did on my fire wall.   

gtvsix86

+

Anth73

I remember going to Monza Motors throughout the winter of 2019 and looking at how the Car Builders insulation had been applied to your car. I ordered all the the material and had planned to do it myself armed with the knowledge, however persistent chest infections and flu kept me away for too long, so I ende dup getting Hugh's guys to do it for me. Thanks for posting the photo of your firewall as I'm getting the silver heat shoeld fitted once my motor is out. What is the black material they used on top?
Now:
2012 Giulietta QV
1982 GTV6 3L fast road build
1966 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce...the long term project
1970 1750 GTV project car for sale

Then:
2002 156 2.5V6 Manual
2012 159 2.4JTDm Sportwagon
1973 2000 GTV with a 1750 rear half...that was a shame!
Alfa 90 (only for its engine mounts)

gtvsix86

Quote from: Anth73 on December 24, 2020, 01:45:40 PM
I remember going to Monza Motors throughout the winter of 2019 and looking at how the Car Builders insulation had been applied to your car. I ordered all the the material and had planned to do it myself armed with the knowledge, however persistent chest infections and flu kept me away for too long, so I ende dup getting Hugh's guys to do it for me. Thanks for posting the photo of your firewall as I'm getting the silver heat shoeld fitted once my motor is out. What is the black material they used on top?

I'm pretty sure we used this product https://www.carbuilders.com.au/premium-under-bonnet