GTV6-Restomod

Started by gtvsix86, September 08, 2020, 07:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtvsix86

I wanted the car fixed of any imperfections and I wanted the engine bay sorted from previous damage. So this meant engine out again unfortunately. Here are some early pictures from the beginning     

gtvsix86

My Father and I made it our Saturday ritual to visit my car and see the progress. I really enjoyed the conversations we had up and down Eastlink and the time we spent together and I will hold onto those memories forever. Here is one of my favourite pictures of my Father gazing into my engine bay I think he somehow knew something special was going to happen in there. Unfortunately my Fathers health started to worsen and we had other priorities and money become tight as I tried to assist my parents as much as I could and Paul being the gentlemen that he is put my car on hold until things stabilized. 

gtvsix86

sorry about the pictures appearing upside down not sure what is happening there?

bazzbazz

It's ok, when you click on them to enlarge they come up the tight way.

"To err is human, to REALLY screw things up you need a computer!" - Murphys Law of Computing
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

gtvsix86

My Dads health never recovered and he was just hanging in there. So we got the car back rolling again and this was a welcome distraction to the chaos in my life and I still bought Dad along to check the progress which he really enjoyed and Paul always made he feel comfortable. I mentioned to Paul about my wish list and that I would possibly like to make some more engine mods. This is where things start getting interesting... Paul told me to have a think about installing a quad cam 3.2 gta motor and he knew a guy who could help. We also got a new headliner and my interior refreashed by Cel at  Design Auto Interiors.   

gtvsix86

more pics

gtvsix86

The GTA motor was like a drug pulling me in so I met up with Claude to see what he could do for me. What a nice guy! he offered me so much advice and was willing to help through the whole process. After seeing his car I knew if I wanted to take my car to the next level this was the way to go. So I hunted around the internet to find a GTA motor and found a winner. This was late November 2017 and my world was crushing down. My Father was in real bad shape and we were told he had at best 2 months to live. So I put the motor on the back burner and spent as much time as I could with my Father and also help my Mother organise his final arrangements. My Father was only 58 I thought we would have so much more time together but it wasn't to be. Just before he passed away in Early January of 2018 I picked up the motor and told him what I had planned to do however with his brain tumour he struggled to talk and understand things but I could see it in his eyes and he was happy that I was happy. 

gtvsix86

The Car was now painted and Paul just finished painting the engine bay. He asked if I was going to do the GTA conversion and I was in two minds. I thought I might wait and do it some stage later down the track but Paul informed me I was at a point of no return and now would be the best time to avoid double handling costs down the track. So it was decided to do it now or never. Here are some pics of the painted car and engine bay 

gtvsix86

Engine Bay

gtvsix86

This is a picture of the Engine when I bought it

gtvsix86

Here is the same motor after a bit of clean

gtvsix86

Getting close to completion

gtvsix86

A work of art

ALFAAA

gtvsix86 , That busso v6 looks fantastic, How much HP do you think you will get .  250+. :D
Current :2004 916 V6 3.2 Spider (baby)
             :Alfetta GTV6 1984 3.2 24v
             :2024 Tonale Veloce SUV

Past       :Alfetta GTV  1977
             :147 Selespeed 2002

bazzbazz

The crankshaft pulley is obviously not standard, what is it off and where did you get it?
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au