Alfa 166 2.4 JTD (150 HP) - Faulty Air Conditioning

Started by speea, August 25, 2020, 03:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speea

Hey there! Greetings from Germany.

I am not getting that good help in the forums over here.
I've got some decent problems with my old new diva.
May you are able to help?

Problem:
My ICS is not able to start the air conditioning. It is always showing "OFF". Also there is no external temperature.
I've alrdy checked:
- Connections on the Backside of ICS
- Connectiongs on the left outer mirror (in the door).
- Temperature sensor mirror left
- all fuses (under the hood, drivers feet side, and in the trunk.

I've ordered a clima control unit which will arive in some days.

Also i've read (in an polish forum) that if the outer temparature sensor is not working, the ICS wont let you turn on the conditioning.
But i guess thats just a lie...

What i've also done:
opened the clima control unit, checked the outcoming voltage on the voltige controller, which is 1,8V (and as i've read on the internet it should be at 5,5).
the incoming voltage is around 3,8V (which should be higher, but couldnt find which hight), so there is not coming enough voltage to the controll unit. (Thats why i've ordered a new one) because i dont know if the voltage is being controlled as soon as the conditioning is turned on, or allways.. i really hope someone does unterstand my poor english haha. (and its not google translated...sorry tho).

I am hoping for some help, thanks!

bonno

Welcome aboard.  Have a simple question! Are you able to turn ON the fan motor without activating the A/C switch? If so, you can rule out a faulty fan motor. You, need to go through proper diagnostic checks to get to the cause of your problem. I have included a link on the basics for car A/C system, to assist you in identifying the fault (process of elimination) from simple electrical checks for A/C compressor activation, loss of refrigerant gas (leak), condenser and evaporator, etc. My guess is that the cycling switch maybe causing you the problem (refer Item 2)
https://www.autozone.com/diy/climate-control/diagnosing-car-ac-problems

speea

Hey, thanks for your kind words!

I am not even able to turn in the a/c. Its always showing "OFF".

I will go trough your list of checks, and tell you the results as soon as i am done with it.

Thanks for the fast response!

Greetings