Mystery Misfire and the old Airbag

Started by First Alfa, August 24, 2020, 10:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

First Alfa

2004 3.2 GT
Two things I need some advice with.
The ECU keeps throwing a P0301 (1 cylinder misfire) sporadically for the first 10 minutes of driving and then settles down to normal. Trouble is there's no symptoms. No loss in power or performance and sounds the same as it always has. I have a new coil pack and a spark plug is easy enough to source but it really doesn't sound or act like there's a misfire to fix.

Finally invested in a decent lead so I can fault find my intermittent airbag light. Multiecuscan indicates that it's the curtain air bag driver's side (RHD) playing up. I've read that the connector is behind the fascia in the boot. In a GT, which fascia and how do I get to it?

Thanks All

bonno

The misfire issue maybe the result of a failing spark plug on number 1 cylinder, as you have already ruled out coil pack/lead with fitment of new item/s. With regards to curtain Air Bag light and assuming it is similar to a 156 JTS,  the orange and yellow connector is located behind an access panel on RHS behind wheel arch (refer to a previous post on similar issue).     
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=8573.msg113415#msg113415