Instrument lights not working on GT

Started by AndrewOst, June 20, 2020, 04:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewOst

Hi Bonno,

Got the car started today - don't ask how - I don't know exactly.

New battery installed.  I did the bush mechanic thing of tap the starter motor, cleaned the throttle body that had a bit of gunk build up on it, also used the spare key without electronics.  Which one made it work, and how long will it work?  Who knows.

At least now I can drive it in to get a RWC and then registration.

My primary suspicion is the key.  It's the one constant while it did not start and now it does with the spare.  I'll need to test it out but got to catch up on other stuff so it can wait a little. (Instrument lights can also wait and I'll do a full ECU reset that takes about an hour to test that.)

I'm happy.

AndrewOst

Just an update,

Has some nice weather in the workshop this weekend so could do some work.

Both keys work.  Made sure the battery was snug and cleaned terminals and fitted the lugs nice and snug.  Car started and ran no problem.

Did an ECU reset with 15mins run then 15 mins off.  Last step is take it for a drive and have some fun.

No clutch.  Can't get a gear.   :'(  ???

Pedal goes straight to the floor with no pressure.  Linkages behind the pedal all seem OK. Reservoir full of fluid.

Slave cylinder?  Engine out?  :(

I've tried to attach a photo of my workshop with the audience watching.

bazzbazz

In the GT 3.2 V6 the Slave Cylinder sits on top of the gearbox, under the battery tray. They do have a reputation for failing with old age, fortunately are a very simple job to replace & bleed.

Take battery & tray out and inspect for leaks & perishing rubber boot.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au