boosters for 1750 s2 coupe

Started by xitsurf, July 19, 2020, 06:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xitsurf

Hey guys./
  I want to buy a new booster, is there  someone in  Australia sells the units or rebuilds???
  Price appears the same both ways, or has someone got any to sell rebuilt.

Strange thing that notified me to problem is driving along and went to apply brakes --   pedal actually rose up!!!,  as in very stiff with hardly any travel.
   It then went down to normal pressure   and braked as normal.   On the drive  did the same thing again 2-3 times...   strange

Situation is  leaking slightly fluid into one of the boosters.
    could this cause above to happen?

Cheers

gebe1

Out of interest have you checked the patentcy of the non return vacuum check valve?
73 Alfa Spider veloce
67 Alfa Guilia Super (past)
69 Alfa 1750 GTV (past)
74 Alfa Berlina 2000A (past)
77 Alfa GTV 2000 (past)

xitsurf

Thanks  valve ok
  It is the booster as i bybassed it. and now ok
    will replace sooner than later as like good brakes!!

Alfa.mg

I found a brake place in the U.k that sold the kits for the boosters, was about 180$ Per booster, delivered to Aus. I pulled the boosters down and they were a pretty simple to put together. I found a good write up online on the process, but it's fairly straightforward. Worth spending the money on having the cylinder resleeved if it is pitted. If you want a really nice job you can get the parts plated also and it will be factory finish again.
For what it is worth, I have the lockheed type Which was simple to seperate.

Another place locally that can do it all for you in power brakes SA. They have the prices to rebuild on their website. Classic Alfa online also has new units I believe and still manage to get parts to my door in Melb quicker than anyone locally.
1983 alfasud TI 1.5 silver
1990 Alfa 33 cloverleaf 1.7 white
2001 Alfa 156 2.0 red
2003 Alfa 147 2.0 red
2001 Alfa 156 2.5 Monza silver (now)
1983 Alfa Sud TI 1.5 red (now)
1974 berlina 2000 white (1 too many)

xitsurf

Thankyou,  if you can send me the link that would be great ( the rebuild kit in England).
   Have one more to replace ...   
   I looked at the Classic Alfa ones but..
In the end purchased one from Maranello Pur-sang Motors in Brunswick. They only sell rebuilt boosters and have them on the shelf on an exchange basis.

Alfa.mg

Paul Hunt at powerbrakes is the U.K place I ordered parts from. I emailed him through website. He seemed very familiar with our boosters. Still waiting on my parts to arrive, but I think lock down has held them up.  Goodluck.

http://www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk/
1983 alfasud TI 1.5 silver
1990 Alfa 33 cloverleaf 1.7 white
2001 Alfa 156 2.0 red
2003 Alfa 147 2.0 red
2001 Alfa 156 2.5 Monza silver (now)
1983 Alfa Sud TI 1.5 red (now)
1974 berlina 2000 white (1 too many)