Alternator repair - Auto electrician recomendations SE Melb?

Started by Alfetta77, June 20, 2020, 07:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfetta77

Hi everyone, hope to rebuild this alternator but before I send all the bits for blasting, plating etc, I'd like to make sure the electrical side of things is working properly. Can anyone recommend someone in SE or metro Melb who can test all the components (rotor, stator, diodes) properly? Thanks, Mark
Current:  Alfetta GTV 1977 Silver
Previous: Alfetta GTV 1980 Red

GTVeloce

Sorry, I can't help with a recommendation but are you sure it's worth rebuilding a 45amp alternator? A 65amp alternator from an Alfa 75 looks identical on the outside and would be far better to start with.

Neil Choi

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]All Power Auto Electrics[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/color]
2/58 Barry St, Bayswater VIC 3153

(03) 9761 0166

Mark is the auto elec, good guy.  Rebuilt a couple alternators and starters for me

Alfetta77

Great, thanks Neil, will get in touch with Mark.

Julian - fair call. I actually have an later alternator on the car that came with it. I bought a voltage regulator not realising it was internally regulated. Having the other one as a spare, I thought, why not rebuild it, more original, and the shiny new regulator won't go to waste. Crazy logic I know, will end up spending more $$ fewer amps...anyway, will see if the spare is worth rebuilding first.

kartone

There is a auto electrics / Bosch repairer in Dandenong South, off Abbots Rd; did a great job in reconditioning my alternator
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

kartone

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Alfetta77