3l V6 bulkhead space?

Started by GTVeloce, June 16, 2020, 10:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTVeloce

Hi all. Is anyone able to measure something for me or perhaps answer my question? I am about to install a 3L V6 into a 116 GTV which is from a 164. As such it has the cam mounted distributer. I know the standard practice is to swap this with a standard dizzy and block the hole but the cam mounted dizzy would work perfectly with other ideas I have. So, can anyone confirm if this is do-able or failing that, can they please measure the space between the left head and the firewall?

Thanks in advance.

john m

Hi Julian, I don't have a 164 3.0l engine in stalled in my Alfetta, but I measured the 2.5l gap to the metal bulkhead which is approx 100mm. Also measured the height of a 164 dizzy = 70mm. The cap is missing but would guess it's 40mm or more. You might have to do some metal work, like a removable panel. John
Now
84: GTV6 White-stock
84: Giulietta Red-club sprints
69: GTV1750 Red-on blocks
Then
71: Berlina 2000 man.-UK import

john m

Pics:
Now
Then

john m

Now
Then

GTVeloce

Thanks John, that is very helpful. This probably explains why everyone just uses the standard GTV6/75 dizzy. I have also discovered a replacement 164 dizzy cap is significantly more than a GTV6! A shame, as the 164 layout would be much neater and i planned to install the coil near the coolant overflow bottle which would neaten the engine bay but customising firewalls seems a bit too much work just for convenience and neatness!