916 Phase 2 Spider - Window Mechanism

Started by PJPAlfa, May 24, 2020, 09:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJPAlfa

Hi there. I couldn't find this type of query using the search tool and was hope someone might have come across this or have suggestions.

Looking to know whether the small piece that has shredded itself in the image and normally connects with the window winding spring can be purchased as a replacement part. If not, has anyone tried to welded it back in place or some other repair solution.

The motor is working fine and therefore hoping to avoid the need to buy the regulator and motor together.

PJPAlfa

Update to hopefully help others.

After unsuccessfully trying to fix with tapping a screw to hold the regulator pin in place, the teeth shredded even further after less than 6 months use.

Unable to find a regulator 2nd hand and hearing re-production regulators require modifications and also aren't that good I purchased a repair pin from Ebay. Took about a month to arrive and you get two so you can do each window. I've only done the one side since my driver window works fine for the moment. It was easy to fit and so far is working well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174473266872?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649