New 105 Project Caretaker

Started by MH80, May 18, 2020, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MH80

Hi All, thought I'd post a little intro on here (before I start bombarding the forums with questions...and hopefully the odd progress photo too!)

A few weeks ago I became the latest caretaker of a 105 project car that at least 1 or 2 others before me have thought it 'to be a good idea at the time'! Its fair to say that the COVID-19 lockdown and isolation had a fair bit to do with my sudden decision to launch into a 105 resto project, but I figured there was nothing saying that isolation couldn't be within one's shed... I'm pretty sure my isolation in the shed will have a much longer duration than the COVID-19 pandemic though!

I probably paid more than I should have, but it was practically on my doorstep, and I was looking for a project, and I've just always wanted a 105 so who cares:) I'm stoked regardless! Once upon a time I was a Lancia person, but I always wanted a 105!!

Not sure what you call it, but that initial motivation you have (novelty maybe) when you first start a project has been strong. Made some good early progress that might slow up pretty rapidly soon. Got it stripped down to a shell and built a rotisserie for it, so now it spins in the breeze, and now the project really begins... wish me luck!

This will probably be the first of many posts and many questions on here! So thanks everyone in advance!

Cheers,
Mark

'69 1750 GTV Mk1

bonno

Welcome aboard Mark and good luck with your restoration of the newly acquired Alfa 105. To assist with restoration find below is a useful web link to a site that provides worldwide suppliers of parts.   
https://www.alfapartsbyjeff.com/?tags=105-coupe

Alfetta77

Welcome Mark! Good time to start a project, have made much more progress with my GTV during past few months.
Current:  Alfetta GTV 1977 Silver
Previous: Alfetta GTV 1980 Red