Good news story re Alfa warranty

Started by NigelC, May 18, 2020, 09:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NigelC

So often the good news fails to get aired so I offer this story: My 2017 Giulia Veloce is fitted with the optional Harman Kardon stereo which gives stunning sound. However, when it was fitted by a drunk 12 year old with a blunt knife the dash pad was damaged. Apart from unsightly cut edges near the speakers, the pad started to curl upwards, displaying the ugly cut lines to anyone who looked through the windscreen.
I asked my friendly dealer (Gulson Canberra - I don't have a 'dealer' in the Hollywood sense)  and he approached Alfa who have a greed to replace the dash pad in July. Good service and thanks to all involved.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

bazzbazz

Quote from: NigelC on May 18, 2020, 09:18:24 AM
I don't have a 'dealer' in the Hollywood sense

Suuuure you don't . . . suuure.  ;) ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Gulsons was always the number 1 dealer
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

kaleuclint

939s are notorious for having a gap of a couple of millimetres in the passenger side of the centre console between the top and the side 'liner'.  Many might consider this minor, and it's probably due to RHD being an afterthought.  To me it just screamed "lack of quality" detracting from joy of ownership.  To their credit FCA replaced and refitted under warranty, and I scored a luggage net fitted to the replacement.  Sometimes they DO get it right!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

adrenalinangel

had similar in perth with Barbagallo, Battery died on car after 2 years and replaced as part of warranty was expecting to pay for new one but told no charge so happy with result.
05 156ti
00 gtv
74 berlina 2000a
08 147