159 Owner's Service Folder & Handbooks

Started by Maltalfisti, May 10, 2020, 02:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maltalfisti

My Alfa came with some receipts etc but never the original service folder and handbooks.

Can anyone tell me which books originally came with the Alfa 159 2.2JTS sedan? I'm guessing owner's manual, audio system, service manual and a bluetooth manual of sorts = 4 books plus folder?

And perhaps where I can find them? I'd like to get some for my car.

I do remember seeing a set being sold on one of those online Alfa stores, but cannot remember which one. Possibly UK based. God knows how long postage will be these days, however.
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

bazzbazz

Go to an Alfa wrecker and see whats floating around the the pockets & glove boxes.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Maltalfisti

Good point. I messaged a few wreckers on Gumtree. I wonder though where the Italian motor wreckers are in Melbourne. Will do a search, unless folks have recommendations...

CDH1750

Try MONZA Motors/Alpha Repairs in Bayswater or The Italian Job in Oakleigh or Milano or Milano Spares in Thomastown

kaleuclint

Owner manual, service book, audio manual (with some errors in it), Blue&Me booklet ... and the code card for the audio.  Not that anyone would ever steal the very ordinary Blaupunkt unit.  Should be in a black vinyl case strapped into its own special bracket in the boot.

Neither of my 159s came with any Australian market supplement; doubt there is one.  They did come with Alfacare card.

What it should have is a bottle of Selenia in the boot.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Maltalfisti

I gather if mine didn't come with books, then re-setting the audio code would be a dealer job? Haven't had to do it yet, though, even with the battery in and out at first.

Quote from: kaleuclint on May 12, 2020, 09:00:14 PM

Never mind vinyl, it should've come in goat leather!

What's this Selenia you speak of – the Italian motor oil that's available on the Alfisti shop online?

Is it better than standard here in Oz, or simply logo+brand+quality = premium price?

kaleuclint

Would hesitate to actually use the Selenia carried around in my boot, but let's not start THAT debate again...

I routinely disconnect my battery for weeks at a time.  The radio has never needed the code re-inputted.  Maybe you'd have to remove it to need the code?
2011 159ti 1750TBi

bazzbazz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

As the day goes

Quote from: kaleuclint on May 12, 2020, 09:00:14 PM
Owner manual, service book, audio manual (with some errors in it), Blue&Me booklet ... and the code card for the audio.  Not that anyone would ever steal the very ordinary Blaupunkt unit.  Should be in a black vinyl case strapped into its own special bracket in the boot.

Neither of my 159s came with any Australian market supplement; doubt there is one.  They did come with Alfacare card.

Mine comes with an Australia version supplement.

You can also download all of these manuals

Maltalfisti

Quote from: bazzbazz on May 22, 2020, 10:41:42 PM
Quote from: kaleuclint on May 22, 2020, 07:42:43 PM
but let's not start THAT debate again...

Ah c'mon, lets have some fun.  ;)

;D ;D ;D
Presumably there's an old thread of yours around here – care for the link?  ;)