Author Topic: 1982 GTV renovation  (Read 16109 times)

GTVeloce

• AROCA Member #: 4050
Re: 1982 GTV renovation
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2021, 08:48:47 PM »
Wow! This is looking great! Both the brakes and the engine bay.

shiny_car

• AROCA Member #: 3843
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2021, 01:33:07 AM »
Nice progress! Engine bay looks great.

Tarox are amongst the few that offer anything 'off the shelf' (sic) for our cars.  As you discovered, Brembo's with the axial mounting points ('ears') can be tricky to fit; radial mount calipers (ie: from the 330mm versions) are ok with a bracket.  I've had good results with Tarox brake discs over the years for street cars, so I imagine you'll be pretty happy.
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Anth73

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2021, 05:31:37 PM »
A short update this month as the COVID induced global supply chain crunch meant the 298mm Tarox big brake conversion kit I ordered from Gazella Racing UK in mid August took almost two months to be manufactured by Tarox Italy, sent to Tarox UK then to me. Despite the delay it was well worth the wait and it will be a shame to get brake dust on them!

Orger Engines have also finalised all the porting and polishing work on the heads. However they were still completing the balancing work on the crank, having bolted it all up complete with front pulley and flywheel. Hopefully the block, balanced crankshaft and heads are returned this week so Monza Motors can get stuck into the reassembly work.

Fellow forum member Julian (GTVeloce) has been kindly assisting me with my air conditioning specifications. We've agreed on a modified layout from the factory GTV6 setup to enable a cleaner installation and plan to install the hoses from/to the evaporator before the engine is fitted as this will be much easier done beforehand. Julian's dad worked in the AC trade and his knowledge in this area has been a blessing. Hopefully my AC setup proves much better than factory with a significantly enlarged condensor and modern components.

Lastly my GTV6 extractors and engine pipes originally purchased from EB Spares have come back from being ceramic coated. This is a must due to the substantial engine bay heat load problems experienced with the GTV6 engine bay, particularly with extractors, plus they look so damn sexy!

One question I'm trying to answer is if I'll need to have catalytic converters installed for the engineering (VASS) certificate. Though my GTV is an '82 model, the engine is from a 75 which did require catalytic converters to be fitted. I've checked VSB 8 and VSB 14 and it's inconclusive. I've also enquired with VicRoads but have yet to receive a response. Any thoughts from other AROCA members who have VASS certified their conversions e.g. fitting a 24 valve busso V6 into a GTV6?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 05:37:37 PM by Anth73 »