159 Ti mystery parts

Started by Alfa-mad, April 27, 2020, 08:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfa-mad

Hey guys I was taking out my spare tyre and found a couple of plastic parts laying underneath, no idea what they are for, any ideas?

kaleuclint

They look like the bits that go under the front seats parallel to the runners on the outside.  The hole locates them at the rear of the seat.  Easily kicked out by rear seat passengers.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Alfa-mad

Right you are! Had a look underneath and sure enough. I just need the 'hat' that clips over the locating stud which pokes through that hole. I won't have many back seat passengers so I'd put them back but sounds like they can be a problem for some.

kaleuclint

So how much do you reckon the 'hat' will cost??  Possibly the same as the dimpled rubber little 'mat' that lives in the armrests at the bottom of the door pulls.  $$.

At least the hat might have a generic replacement!
2011 159ti 1750TBi

bazzbazz

If we are going to discuss the ridiculous price of tiny insignificant parts on Alfas we'll be up here all night!  ::)

;D ;D ;D

(How that for hi-jacking a subject!)   8)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Alfa-mad

Quote from: kaleuclint on April 28, 2020, 06:19:23 PM
So how much do you reckon the 'hat' will cost??  Possibly the same as the dimpled rubber little 'mat' that lives in the armrests at the bottom of the door pulls.  $$.

At least the hat might have a generic replacement!

Yeah maybe it isn't sold separately, maybe its part of a package. You know, buy the car and get the hat free.

kaleuclint

And all are known to disappear into the vacuum cleaner! 

Tip -- double-sided tape on the 'mats'.  $29 apiece from memory.
2011 159ti 1750TBi