159 Ti Dash Mats: Suggestions?

Started by Maltalfisti, April 22, 2020, 12:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maltalfisti

I'd like to find a dash mat for my Alfa 159.

Has anyone else got one? Any places to recommend that stock them?

I've seen one or two in research, but ideally want something that blends into the environment (if you know what I mean) and looks neat. Black, I guess.

What are the Shevron dash mats like? Any good?
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

GTV6SA

Fit my car has them , I have used theirs as well as floor mats and boot liners

Domenic

Italian Automotive Spares has them

kaleuclint

Dash mats in Ti??  What next -- a sun visor??  Or a vinyl roof?? ;)

Is the dash cracked already or are you just protecting against a future occurrence?
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Maltalfisti

Quote from: kaleuclint on April 23, 2020, 05:06:19 PM
Dash mats in Ti??  What next -- a sun visor??  Or a vinyl roof?? ;)

Is the dash cracked already or are you just protecting against a future occurrence?
Hah, yes just against future occurrence. I plan on keeping the beast for a long time yet (will it out-live the old Saab, I wonder...)!

kaleuclint

FWIW my 159ti doesn't see the inside of a garage.  Dash not a problem.

I've had more issues with Mercedes material quality than Alfa, though I do need a seat panel retrimmed.

I figure my Saab would still be going if I'd kept it, but whilst they don't die the cost of maintaining them escalates out of all proportion to their value.  Still cheaper than buying another car though if that's your economic model.  As for 'proper' (pre-GM) Saabs, in a few centuries from now the cockroaches ruling the planet will drive them.
2011 159ti 1750TBi

Winno

I made my own with thick automotive carpet.
I wet it and stretched it when in situ and after it dried, I cut it (in situ) to shape.
Cuts down on glare/reflection on the windshield and stops sound reflection (for my audio system).

Maltalfisti

FYI I ordered the Shevron.

Fits beautifully, although the top dash air vent hole is slightly larger but that's okay.

You've just got to affix with some supplied velcro underneath, if you go plan on flinging yourself around corners and taking off in a hurry...  ;)