Author Topic: reinstallation rear-quarter window glass  (Read 975 times)

kartone

reinstallation rear-quarter window glass
« on: April 13, 2020, 05:42:37 PM »
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the rear-quarter window glass twice, but not often enough to remember how to reposition the glass into the window guides with the outer window trim in place help! 
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

sportiva

Re: reinstallation rear-quarter window glass
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 06:33:51 PM »
You might need to remove the rivets from the top of the bailey channel between the fixed rear quarter and the small moveable window to allow enough movement of the bailey and the small glass section to allow a final positioning.
There are a lot of difficult and frustrating procedures for these cars this is counts as of most frustrating. I am replacing my rear side glass over the next few days after a respray. I might call on you for some tips for placement as I took the same glass 8 months ago and my memory is only as good as er yesterday sometimes
3.0 GTV6 Fiat Free
156JTS

ex
75 2.5
2.0 Alfetta Sportiva #22
1.8 Alfetta
1.2 alfasud
2 75 parted out
15 alfettas parted
10 gtv parted
5 alfasuds parted
156 sele

kartone

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 06:25:27 AM »
Sportiva, thanks for the tip; definitely call on me once I'm released from the mad-house!
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

sportiva

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 07:08:54 PM »
Kartone
The fixed window has two adjustable pedestals that when adjusted correctly push the glass up into the rubber bailey grove above the glass, if you loosen the 10mm bolts and allow the rear fixed glass section to move a small amount it might allow enough movement for the bailey channel and the small moveable glass section to be manipulated into position. Then when all of the glass sections are finally in place a final adjustment starting at the rear glass section pedestals then the rivets on the top of the bailey channel and the long retainer screw that goes through the channel should finish the job.
Here ia a photo of the pedestal wrapped with cloth tape to protect the glass.

Cheers Glen
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 07:28:08 PM by sportiva »
3.0 GTV6 Fiat Free
156JTS

ex
75 2.5
2.0 Alfetta Sportiva #22
1.8 Alfetta
1.2 alfasud
2 75 parted out
15 alfettas parted
10 gtv parted