159 ti wheels on gtv 916

Started by Nfratangelo, February 14, 2020, 10:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nfratangelo

Hi there,

Has anyone out 159 ti wheels 17 or 19 inch on a gtv 916?
If so what stud adaptor did you use for difference in stud pattern and tires? Would I be expecting heaps of guard rubbing? Really would love a set of 17 inch teledials but hard to find and when found way too expensive so next option is the 159 ti wheels although stud pattern differs.

Would really love some help. Thanks guys

PJPAlfa

Hi there,

Sorry but I don't know what you can do about the 159 rims as the stud pattern is 5x100 versus 5x98 on the 916 GTV/Spider.

I was in the same situation with my 916 Spider. Teledials was my first preference. Aside from trying to find a set at a good price, there was the offset comparison to consider. For example, I heard that to use the 156 teledials means you needed to add a spacer which is something I didn't want to do.

Solution I found was using 147 17" rims. They've been on the car a few weeks now and I've very happy with the outcome. I saw a guy at a car show last year who said the 147 rims fit without a problem or any spacers. He had the three ringed teledial style rims which looked good. I ended up finding a set of 147 Ti 17" rims and found they fit fine. I did need to get a new set of wheel bolts as the ones on my Spider were 10mm too long which protruded through the disc rotor to the point that the wheel wouldn't turn.

Not being technically knowledgeable I did as much research as possible and found this website helpful with comparing wheels form different cars. [/url]www.wheel-size.com/size/alfa-romeo/[/url]. It is US based but still quite useful despite having to convert some of the measurements. You can also use the "Tire Calculator" to enter your cars details and the details of the rims you are looking at. The site will provide a summary of the differences. Unfortunately it wont cater for stud pattern differences.

Apology for the long answer. Good luck and hopefully there is something from the info you will find helpful.

sprint speciale

I have had 17inch 156/147 GTA Wheels on both my 916 Spider and GTV 6 for almost 20 years without a problem.

Stick with 147/156 wheels.

Frank.
1963 Giulia Sprint Speciale no. 796 Ruddspeed RHD
1964 Giulia Spider (restoration)
1968 1300 GT Junior
1969 1750 Spider Veloce (osso di seppia)
1974 Alfasud L
1978 Alfetta GTV
1984 Alfetta GTV 6
1999 GTV 6 (GTA Engine)
2001 Spider lusso
2006 V6 Q4 Brera (Supercharged)
2011 159 2.4 Sportswagon

V AR 164

159 5x110
GTV is 5x98

As you stated, you would need to run spacer adapters. Can be done it just might be difficult to track down the spacers as it is a bit of an uncommon pcd on both wheels. Plus these adapters are usually 20mm or so in width, and Ti wheels are 8 inches wide already, considerably wider than the 6.5 standard size. You may run into issues with the offset being too aggressive and poking out of the guards with the spacers.

My solution, look for 5x100 wheels. I run a set of wheels that came off a Subaru Impreza with a 5x100 stud pattern on my 164q with a stud pattern of 5x98. They fit right on and I actually use the standard bolts, however some people recommend to use 'wobble bolts'. These allow +-2(ish) mm of correction.

Not sure of the legality of this, but running conversion spacers isn't exactly legal either  ::)

Quote from: PJPAlfa on March 12, 2020, 10:16:31 PM
[/url]www.wheel-size.com/size/alfa-romeo/[/url]. It is US based but still quite useful despite having to convert some of the measurements. You can also use the "Tire Calculator" to enter your cars details and the details of the rims you are looking at. The site will provide a summary of the differences. Unfortunately it wont cater for stud pattern differences.

Also want to +1 this website, very helpful along with the website https://www.willtheyfit.com/ , enter your cars factory wheel size then put in the new size and it will tell you how it compares.

Andrew.
Present:
-1992 164Q
-1993 Hilux Surf

Past:
-2006 159 2.4 Ti