Giulietta QV ignition problem

Started by dullayo, February 14, 2020, 09:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dullayo

Hi guys,

my 2013 G QV Manuel had some issues this morning.

When I turn on the ignition key, the car started to work, but it was a bit hard to turn on normally, it was like low battery level symptoms. I tried a few times to double-check and same thing happened. The car was behaving normally on the road, but after 40 minutes of driving when I parked my car and tried to turn on again(after 10 seconds), it did, just really hard, 2 seconds was still with no lights in the instrument panel and then it started to work.

So, the battery indicator shows that it is charged and I'm not sure is it a faulty battery or the stator that should charge it?
Anyone with the same experience?

Thank you

bonno

Hi dullayo
If you have a multi meter you should be able to check condition of battery and confirm the alternator is charging. However, before checking battery with multi meter, ensure battery terminals are free from corrosion.
Battery Check
Step 1
When vehicle is off, check voltage across positive and negative terminals you should have a reading of around 12 to 13 volts.
Step 2
Whilst Cranking engine, you should get a reading of around 10 volts, anything lower would suggest battery is beginning to fail and a reading of 5 volts the battery is shot.
Step 3
After starting engine you should get a battery voltage of over 12 to 14 volts, indicating the alternator is charging the battery.
Hope this helps
bonno

dullayo