Just an idea.

Started by bazzbazz, January 17, 2020, 09:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazzbazz

To all those around the country who are the organizers for club drives, I was wondering if it may/may not be a worthwhile idea to take the drives to suitable areas/communities affected by the recent fire crisis. (NO, not active fire areas  ::) )

I am sure they could do with the business/income from where ever our merry little bands my stop, spend, have lunch, buy fuel.

Like I said, don't know if it's a good idea or not, but just thought i'd mention it.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

bonno

Great idea Baz and have just sent off a message to AROCA NSW as follows.

"Happy New Year and I have a request for club organisers to include a club drive sometime in Feb 2020 to an affected town ravaged by the recent bushfires. It is hoped that this would provide some much needed assistance to the town/s recovery and show them that we care during this difficult time.
On behalf of Club Member
Frank Bonifacio
member # 8683"

As the day goes

Aka
https://the-riotact.com/herd-of-mustangs-take-tourist-spending-back-to-braidwood/349666

Yes.  For a short drive.

The Alpine Aflisti are driving throught the affected area in March (maybe?) so it would be great.

ACE

At the Council of ACT Motor Clubs' meeting on Thursday this week there was discussion by a number of clubs doing runs in aid of fire affected areas:
1 the "herd of Mustangs" did a run to Braidwood last week;
2. Mercedes Benz Club on Wednesday this week;
3. The Veteran, Vintage and Classic Motorcycle Club on Thursday;
4. The Alpine Alfisti on Wednesday next week;
to name the few that we heard from.

Why Braidwood? Because it is the gateway to the South Coast for Canberrans along the Kings Highway. Batemans Bay is the closest beach to Canberra. But the Kings Highway has been closed for a few weeks and only recently opened. Consequently Bungendore and Braidwood have been starving for lack of traffic passing through.

And as @Australia mentioned, the Alpine Alfisti (https://alpinealfisti.org.au) have their annual Autumn Tour in March running though much of the Alpine areas.